GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:51:47 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Other Section  (Read 34335 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Some Other Section
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:10:05 pm »

On the main page of the wiki, there is a black section that I have labeled for the time being " Some Other Section". I would like everyone to voice their opinions on what should be put there. Wake suggested that the mod updates be put their, but the Main Page, the forums, and Mod DB giving us all the information, the section could be put to slightly better use.

Whatever suggestions you have, post them here and hopefully I can get something up their soon.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Some Other Section
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:09:42 am »

(Why would there be another section? I personally think the wiki is good the way it is; it already conveys a lot of useful information about the mod, it only needs to have all the pages completed. Great work reorganizing and giving it a new, fresh look, JcFerggy.) <<---don't mind this!

One thing, since I'm writing here: on the weapons section, when you see the weapons list, the Gold PP7's name is incorrectly written as Gold_PP7 (it's the underscore).

Note: 50th post!

One suggestion I can think of at the moment is GE:S dialect. For example, when you are killed by the Cougar Magnum, you say "You got Cougared". Another example: when someone is killed by the Klobb, he/she has been Klobbered (GE:S own word for pwned), and so on.

This came to me when I was playing TF2 this morning and talking to WNxSpydow. He suggested that we used GE:S dialect to say things online, and then I thought about making this suggestion here, so the credits for this should go to him instead of me; I'm simply the one conveying the idea and writing it on the board.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:42:27 am by PPK »

Spydow

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Spydow has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:37 pm »

(Why would there be another section? I personally think the wiki is good the way it is; it already conveys a lot of useful information about the mod, it only needs to have all the pages completed. Great work reorganizing and giving it a new, fresh look, JcFerggy.) <<---don't mind this!

One thing, since I'm writing here: on the weapons section, when you see the weapons list, the Gold PP7's name is incorrectly written as Gold_PP7 (it's the underscore).

Note: 50th post!

One suggestion I can think of at the moment is GE:S dialect. For example, when you are killed by the Cougar Magnum, you say "You got Cougared". Another example: when someone is killed by the Klobb, he/she has been Klobbered (GE:S own word for pwned), and so on.

This came to me when I was playing TF2 this morning and talking to WNxSpydow. He suggested that we used GE:S dialect to say things online, and then I thought about making this suggestion here, so the credits for this should go to him instead of me; I'm simply the one conveying the idea and writing it on the board.

Yeh...
If a joke is good=The LOL is not enough (;) WNxBlack-Eagle)
If a joke is bad=Lol another day (Hey JS clan :D).
If you're respawn killed=Live and let respawn (JS too).
If you're pwning=License to pwn
If a guy never die=Tomorrow never get pwn
If you killed a guy with slappers=For your ass only
If you want to say w00t=w007
If you want to say OMG=ZMG!
If you're killed by mines=Oh MINE god
If a guy is pwning all players he's a Pwnraker (or Pwnfinger?).
If a guy kills more than 3 players with slappers=Slappers are forever

C'mon guys, I want more ideas :P

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 02:12:02 pm »

It's CMag'd and Klobbed.  You're drifiting into nth generation slang, which is part of the cancer that killed /b/.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 02:44:58 pm »

It's CMag'd and Klobbed. 

I always heard Cougared and Klobbered, but if the correct way is the one you said, then it's better.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 03:09:48 pm »

There is no correct way. Video games are not serious business.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:47:11 pm »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 04:06:42 pm »

No more serious than exchange rates, Gabe.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 04:58:04 pm »

By correct I meant the most used.

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 05:59:43 pm »

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 06:09:10 pm »

Honestly, we have got to get back on topic, but you could at least tell me what you think of my idea.

JcFerggy

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 06:45:27 pm »

The idea is unnecessary; since it says how you got killed by at the top anyway. Sayings like that are more appropriate for Achievements, but that is just my opinion.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 06:51:24 pm »

I'm sorry if I didn't made myself clear; what I meant to say was that the section should be dedicated to (and not only, of course) the explanation of some expressions used in-game, such as the ones referred above and some others, in order to help some new players understand the mod and the original game. I get a lot of people asking me what LTK stands for, for example. Also, I think you should include something like what's in a thread Viashino Cutthroat started, called VC's OpEd Column 90127.

http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2737.msg28619.html#new

It would definitely be useful.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:59:32 pm by PPK »

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 10:55:33 pm »

I agree with PPK. Sort of like a Goldeneye: Source for newbies section.

JcFerggy

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 11:04:10 pm »

Ok, I might do that. Have a link to VC's rules, maybe make a page for acronyms, among other things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up