GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:15:57 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mapper - novalin  (Read 7511 times)

dF|novalin

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dF|novalin has no influence.
    • DaNgEr FoRcE!!!
Mapper - novalin
« on: August 26, 2007, 07:21:55 am »

Hi,

My name is Brian and I was referred to this board by member and mapper loafie. I have been working as a mapper using the source engine for about 3 years now. My maps, which are multiple player maps for Counter-Strike: Source, as well as other art work, can be found at my website: http://www.dangerforce.com/brian.html

I have been in the gaming industry for over 3 years now and am currently working at Perpetual Entertainment as a QA Lead. Previously I worked for TKO Software which worked on two FPS titles. In my spare time I enjoy playing Counter-Strike: Source (public and competitive CAL play) which I also am an avid map maker for as well. I also enjoy puzzle games, survival horror, action/adventure, etc. but my passion is with first-person shooters.

With environment and map creation I often strive for realism, and usually reference photos once I have constructed a theme & layout for my project. However, with an FPS, the ultimate goal is creating something fun and that has a consistent theme throughout it, so I always attempt to maintain a balance between these aspects. I set goals for myself even working on my own solo projects, keeping track of bugs and change-notes. My maps are play-tested by multiple online communities before releasing final versions in order to ensure balance, high frame-rate, and to gather feedback for potential changes. Recently I have been collaborating with modelers and creating my own textures in order to produce more robust products.

As you probably can guess considering the popularity of the original game, I was an avid player of the Golden Eye, and still play my Nintendo 64 to date. I think the current project is quite interesting and must be a great challenge. Lately, I have actually been looking for more collaboration work.

I look forward to chatting with you and possibly working with you in the future.

Brian/novalin

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
Re: Mapper - novalin
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 08:02:12 am »

lofi told us about you, so your bumped to trial go ahead and make a new thread in the trial members section and we will get you something to do soon.

i have a feeling you'll be able to make some really impressive stuff for us.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 08:05:57 am »

Sweet, looking forward to see what you can do. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Semedi

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Semedi has no influence.
    • GNardone.com
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 12:41:45 pm »

Love the RE map, one of my favorite series  ;D

Welcome aboard!
Sims 3 Producer - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham

Janus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Janus has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:26:40 pm »

Looks great. Can't wait to see your stuff :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 05:10:14 pm »

your stuff does look impressive, good luck on the team

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 08:25:59 pm »

High five!
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: [1]   Go Up