GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:16:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GES v4.2.3 Update In Release Testing!  (Read 58196 times)

Yes! I am Invincible!

Re: GES v4.2.3 Update In Release Testing!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 07:40:17 pm »

Not to sound like an asshat but I think the only real bug in Goldeneye Source that i am aware of are the bots. I have had no real bugs that require fixing. Bots are what needs to be top priority. Everything else is fine. Gamemodes work fluidly, weapons are perfect. The only other thing that we are in dire need of are more characters, yes i know we don't have a lot of "Modelers" but come on! I understand it takes time to do this kinds of things. Where is that one developer that apparently made a bunch of models for GES but never released them to you? How about you get his ass on the phone and tell him whats up. The longer you wait the more bitchy people will become. Everything is perfect and i think my opinion is valid since i have over 1800hrs played on this mod.
Agreed.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 10:25:45 pm »

Need I remind you that putting bots into the game in the first place took me over 1 year of effort....

I am a lone programmer, we are not a studio. You did not pay for this game. Patience is a virtue.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 12:59:13 am »

Need I remind you that putting bots into the game in the first place took me over 1 year of effort....

I am a lone programmer, we are not a studio. You did not pay for this game. Patience is a virtue.

and we appreciate all the hard work that you and the rest of the developers are doing for us :D

but on the subject of Modelers is it possible that we could advertise Modeler Positions on websites to try to invoke new blood into GES?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 03:04:30 am »

I understand it takes time to do this kinds of things. Where is that one developer that apparently made a bunch of models for GES but never released them to you? How about you get his ass on the phone and tell him whats up.

If only it were that simple. Trust me, multiple people have tried getting in contact with him and getting the models. Unfortunately, all we have at this point are some old renders of what could have been. One of the models was found and I rigged him when I went on my big character re-rigging binge a while back, but we never got the textures...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Bloodix

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bloodix has no influence.
    • Greg The Gamer
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 04:12:03 am »

Good to see, even after all these years, that the game is doing well. :)
Part of the original level editor team during the Alpha era | 2005. I created the original Cradle map.

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 05:27:41 pm »

Terp or shall I call you "Raj" (You know who this is) you need to chill.  These guys have done a great job and I'm sure they will fix the bots if they can.  No need to piss KillerMonkey and the rest off or we won't have any more updates.  If you have a problem with that I would be glad to meet you in Stack with my knife.  8)

terps4life90

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 12:46:44 am »

Terp or shall I call you "Raj" (You know who this is) you need to chill.  These guys have done a great job and I'm sure they will fix the bots if they can.  No need to piss KillerMonkey and the rest off or we won't have any more updates.  If you have a problem with that I would be glad to meet you in Stack with my knife.  8)

Bring you diaper...it's gonna get messy :D!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 02:22:19 am »

We are in the final stretches of release testing! Thanks to Troy, Joe, and our normal testers, we have identified and fixed a good number of pesky bugs. Some of these are in the current version of GES, which is great news!

Here is the change log since release testing began:

~ Incorporated VGF's hi-res models
~ Arsenal fixes for PrintWeapon
~ Fixed a teamplay bug where player's match scores would be reset if ge_autoteam was active but teamplay didn't actually turn on/off due to the scenario
~ Fixed an intermittent crash when loading a new map if LALD was played on the last map
~ Cleaned up LALD and added a new way to pick the next Baron to make sure every player gets to play
~ Fixed music dimming from Python
~ Fixed HUD Messages drawing over each other even in a defined channel
~ Fixed python debugger connection issues
~ Added "curr_value" parameter to GEUtil.InitHudProgressBar
~ Fixed achievement panel not sizing correctly on first pop-out
+ Added specialized team filter to give more flexibility to Python messages (for observer vs non-observer messages and progress bars)
~ Fixed Yolt's foes indicator for eliminated players and spectators
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:24:09 am by killermonkey »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 05:59:07 am »

Nicely done with the observer vs non-observer feature.  Great idea Joe!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:39:02 am by Troy »
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:52 am »

ahh, the famous "trio infernale of coding" strikes back, good news  8)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

terps4life90

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 01:05:20 pm »

Whose Joe? Very inactive if you ask me.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 05:35:28 pm »

Joe is the one that coded the gamemode Freeze Tag and contributed to several bug reports.

terps4life90

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »

Joe is the one that coded the gamemode Freeze Tag and contributed to several bug reports.

Never played that mode...not to mention i never heard it of it either. Was it even publicly released? Is it even in rotation in any of the servers?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 09:33:48 pm »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 03:41:57 am »

Good to see, even after all these years, that the game is doing well. :)

*snoops*

Quote from: Last post
« on: December 15, 2009, 09:45:59 AM »

._.
Good to see returning faces. ;)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:46:08 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up