GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:14:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How i add GE:S textures on Hammer and HL2 and asking for a permission  (Read 6818 times)

Yes! I am Invincible!

I'm making a new horror map called 'The Labs'
And i was gonna use Facility textures in it but i have 2 probs:

1: Am i allowed to do that?
2: Textures are pink-black when i moved the Facility texture folder to HL2/Materials and the preview is pink black too! What did i do wrong?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: How i add GE:S textures on Hammer and HL2 and asking for a permission
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:37:44 am »

Why your textures are showing as a pink and black checkerboard is probably due to the .VMT files being corrupted. You'd have to re-create one for each of the textures you want to use, But of course, Don't do this unless you've got permission to use the textures from one of the dev's.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:10:04 am »

Moving them will break them unless you keep the directories the same.

The material files are looking for the textures in materials/Goldeneye/Facility, make sure you preserve that folder structure under the Half-Life 2 directory and you should be good to go.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Yes! I am Invincible!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:26:35 pm »

I got the textures to work properly, but i need a permission to use them....  ;D
Of Course, i will give all the texture credit to the loved GE:S staff <3
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 07:34:02 pm by Yes! I am Invincible! »

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 08:47:10 pm »

I don't think anyone here will have a problem with you using them.  The game is free after all.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: [1]   Go Up