GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:11:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ***IMPORTANT***  (Read 5402 times)

Happyhippo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Happyhippo has no influence.
***IMPORTANT***
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:15:56 am »

Though I find this game horrifically frustrating because people have ridiculous health that's not why I'm here. I truly love this game, and I would love to see its community grow and flourish. Recently, Steam has produced the "Greenlight" initiative by which games that aren't exactly famous can have a shot at stardom. To this end, not only do I propose putting this game on Greenlight, I also suggest you find some way to advertise it. I am of course excited to hear any feedback the developers or for that reason anyone else may have. Thank you.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765&section=faq  <---Link to Greenlight.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: ***IMPORTANT***
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 03:38:06 am »

You appear to have posted twice.

Also: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7257.0.html

We can't be on Greenlight because we don't own the GoldenEye trademark or have the license to create a Bond game. Also now that Valve royally flopped with Greenlight anybody who wants to put their game on it has to pay $100.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:42:44 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: ***IMPORTANT***
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »

Sure but putting down 100$ would absolutely never be the reason we would pass up being put on it. Just saying.

Secondarily to the OP - We are a well well known mod. A distinction needs to be understood between 1.how well we are known and 2.how much we are played.

The two numbers vastly differ. We have probably had about 200-300 thousand people play our mod between going out of beta and now. Likely is only about 5000 (roughly 2.5% retention) of those play regularly. And since regularly may only be playing once or twice a week in release periods, and our hardcore fans in the mild hundreds, our servers maintain a steady but not "hyped" atmosphere. Peaking when the more relaxed fan won't be aware or simply can't be bothered seeking a good situation.

Advertising aspirations is likely to be irrelevant to change our playerbase. We've been viral and promoted too many times that people know of us by past exposure. We are a "given" on the mod spectrum and majority won't commit even if there is new content they brush past it with a peek or a taste. There really isn't an opportunity to become "famous" when we already have seen glimpses of that possibility in our many years of working hard to get word out and improving releases, and it never fleshed out.

The analogy is the movies. Think an actor/actress that gets regular work because they are undeniable in likeability, as a professional and pop up enough - but the majority of the population don't know/appreciate/follow them specifically.

Think Sam Shepard, Sela Ward etc etc
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:20:36 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: [1]   Go Up