GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:51:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE:S 4.2 hl2.exe has stopped working upon startup  (Read 6025 times)

JOHNRKO007

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JOHNRKO007 has no influence.
GE:S 4.2 hl2.exe has stopped working upon startup
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:54:51 pm »

When I heard about the new update, i did a fresh install of Half-Life 2 and downloaded the GE:S full exe from the torrent site you provided. I installed GE:S and upon starting up i see the valve intro and the GE:S Loading screen, followed by the screen going black and a message pops up saying "hl2.exe has stopped working"

I have no idea why it's happening, somebody help?

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: GE:S 4.2 hl2.exe has stopped working upon startup
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:57:44 pm »

You're not supposed to see the Valve intro, You're supposed to see this :
Have you installed Source SDK Base 2007?

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: GE:S 4.2 hl2.exe has stopped working upon startup
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 05:15:56 pm »

You don't need a game anymore to play Goldeneye Source. Uninstall Goldeneye Source first, unless your going to play Half Life 2 get rid of that as well, you won't need it.

Now click on "Library" on Steam and underneath "Library", click on the little arrow and select "Tools".
Somewhere toward the bottom you will find "Source SDK Base 2007", right click this and select "Install".
Once finished, double click the Goldeneye Source v4.2 installer and it will automatically install Goldeneye Source v4.2.
Now install the Goldeneye Source v4.2.1 patch.

Now you should be OK. By the way, what are your specs?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:35:05 pm by killermonkey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up