GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:18:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90914: Cast List  (Read 25793 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 90914: Cast List
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:03:07 pm »

In all these years, we never actually made a list of the 64 doods we need in our game.  Unofficially, let's get this shit figured out.

MI-6
Bond
Alec (WIP)
Natalya
Valentin
Mishkin
Jack Wade
Q
M (Dench)

Moneypenny (Bliss)
Doctor Doak
Female Scientist
Felix Leiter (Wright)
Solitare
Kissy Suzuki
Mary Goodnight
Pushkin

Kamran Shah
Tiger Tanaka
J.W. Pepper
Veejay
Wai Lin
Jinx
Quarrel
Christmas Jones

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
R

Janus
Janus (WIP)
Boris
Ouromov
Oddjob
Baron Samedi
Jaws
Mayday
Xenia

Russian Soldier
Janus Marine
Helicopter Pilot
St. Petersberg Guard
Arctic Commando
Siberian Special Forces
Jungle Commando
Janus Special Forces

Moonraker Elite
Moonraker Elite (F)
Scaramanga
Mr. Big
Auric Goldfinger
Emilio Largo
Ernst Blofeld (Don P) (WIP)
Max Zorin

Tee Hee
Hugo Drax
Pussy Galore
Nick Nack
Michka
Grischka
Gobinda
Zao
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 11:32:02 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: VC's Laboratory 90914: Cast List
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 04:03:20 pm »

Where's Plenty?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 04:12:25 pm »

[...]

MI-6
Bond
Alec (WIP)
[...]

Janus
Janus (WIP)
[...]

Wait, that's actually the same guy, why would you want him twice and what should be the difference making it possible to tell them apart (except for maybe the scar)?

By "?" you certainly mean those "?"-guys which were modelled after the programmers, right? Maybe the GE: S dev-team should be added to them as well :D

I'm glad you added Scaramanga, but what about Dr. No? Isn't he worthy to be added?

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 04:20:02 pm »

Costume change would allow us to get both characters out of the same model.  We need both for Missions if for no other reason, since Alec would be the second MI6 in Dam and Facility, but a villain in Cradle.

? means we have a lot of MI6 slots and a dearth of good guys.  Which is why we're pretty packed on the villain side.  Of course, Dr. No already has vending machines, and with his robot paws, I don't think he could handle a weapon.  Crushes them okay, though.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 04:48:42 pm »

Right, different costumes would make that possible, but I don't see the actual point for them. At least not concerning the missions.

At the time (when you think) he's still with the MI6 he wears that black camouflage suit (or whatever you might call it).
Why would he change it? It's not like "I'm with the MI6" or "I'm with Janus" is printed all over it. It's just a cool black suit that is useful in dark areas or at night.
Even his henchmen (in the game) did wear those all the time and I'd think it would be rather strange if they wore casual wear or something like that. ^^

At least the alternative costume would have to be more than just some color changes (like Bond's different suits, although I have to admit I like them, but he's always on the same side anyway).

Regardless of whether you decide to make him playable for one or both teams: alternate costumes are cool. I wish there were more of them avaiable (and maybe linked to some achievements or whatever as discussed in the thread about achievment ideas).

As for Dr. No you're probably right... didn't think of that. :- / Well, you could also say if he managed to come back, he might have used more advanced technology for his hands by now, so he could be able to shoot a gun.
Or he could be some fun-character labelled with a warning he might ONLY use his hands for dealing damage to other players.

EDIT: You could have an achievement with that called "No, No, No, No, No!" - win the round as Dr. No 5 times (4+ players, LTK and weponsets that don't include a weapon other than knifes and slappers excluded).
(couldn't think of a better name, a scene from the movie Inglourious Basterds suddenly came to my mind -> )

Please note: I dislike the historical person of A. Hitler because of what he did and what he planned to do, but if he had chosen to become a comedian instead and get rid of his mad ideas he'd certainly been a great success in that business, because of his gesture, his facial expression and of course because of his way to speak and stressing certain words. I guess that's the reason for all the spoofs concerning him.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:39:51 pm by coolDisguise »

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 06:02:03 pm »

I still say that it would be righteous to have James Bond Junior. At least once you get all the N64 and other worthy peoples in there. Come on, you know that would be cool/cute/humorous.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:14:02 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 09:06:29 pm »

Wasn't there a rough draft of Trevelyan and Female Scientists a while back?  And Scaramanga is a must-have imho.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 12:09:58 am »

Alec is being tidied up.  Female Scientist has scrolled across my SVN but I haven't seen anything tangible.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 01:42:44 am »

What about the other Bond game dudes?

I remember an MI6 Zoe Nightshade person being in two, and an evil Raphael Drake in one.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 01:02:15 pm »

I remember an MI6 Zoe Nightshade person being in two, and an evil Raphael Drake in one.

Hmm... Nightfire... I did like those FMV's...

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 05:09:04 pm »

Heh, I saw "Alec" under MI6 and thought "Nice.", and knew where that was going.
I didn't think of that. Good idea.

Still funny how the model in GE007 fuses the two; Putting a smirk on one side of his face, and the "I'm pissed off" look and scar on the other.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:13:44 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 06:11:10 pm »

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think right now 007 is running around in a regular blue suit?  Is there going to be a switch to the classic tuxedo?

Also, is Brosnan going to be the only bond portrayed?

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 06:31:38 pm »

Bond has grey, brown, and blue suits.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 08:11:25 pm »

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think right now 007 is running around in a regular blue suit?  Is there going to be a switch to the classic tuxedo?

Also, is Brosnan going to be the only bond portrayed?

You may change the color of his suit (and maybe the outfit itself if there are more outfits to come in the future) by clicking on one of the three colored buttons next to the descriptive information text in the character select menu.

serrath

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 10:35:16 pm »

The Bond model could REALLY use some work.

So long as we're going overkill, we might as well have:
Sean Connery (James Bond)
Roger Moore (James Bond)
Pierce Brosnan (James Bond)

Ya know? Just make a different bond for each actor? The model right now doesn't look a bit like Brosnan. (Not that I could do better, if I had to model it I'd make a big rectangular prism labeled "Bond". I just know the guys working on this can do better if they re-do it. This is a sweet looking mod project.)

Yes, I registered just to say that.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:39:36 pm »

We're on Bond Version Two, currently.

Also, we do not, and will not, make our characters look like the real actors.  It's a legal trouble if nothing else.  We specifically have set our goal to make characters look like they were people who look like the characters.  Just pretend we were casting a remake, because that's what Goldeneye Source is, after all.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 12:33:19 pm »

Q has got to come in Desmond flavour.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 01:50:17 pm »

There is no other variety.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 06:55:33 pm »

d'accord

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 08:15:33 pm »

What about adding R to that list, just for kicks? That is, hoping we are flooded by people willing to help on that department...

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 09:12:25 pm »

An important question is:

are we talking about

- characters pre-Goldenye
- named characters you could see on screen in any movie
- Bond characters in general
- characters that still exist (haven't died in the Bond universe up to a certain point) fitting for the GE: S mission mode
?

Because basically one could just look up characters here and decide who to put in. (meeting the criteria)

Personally I think Christmas Jones would be a nice character to have in the game.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 12:39:49 am »

Very Good List but Honestly i think there might be too many charaters and i certainly wouldnt want GE Source to end up like Nightfire ( besides many of the charaters like Teehee for example would look akward with the claw, Nick Nack might be too small, who is Goblinda and JInx? i dont want to be reminded by DAD) and i think there should be less but as we know with less is moore.... (BTW NO Daniel Craig Bond as it should just be the classic charaters and well i havent forgiven him for the remake of GE or QOS)

MI6:
Bond (Normal)
Trevylan (006)
Nataylia
Mishkin
M (Dench)
Q (Desmond)
Moneypenny (either Samantha Bond or Caroline Bliss)
Female Scientist
Natyalia Nude (lol jks)
Valentin (TWINE Model- Basically add a mostache and a White Tuxedo like Connery)
Bond Brosnan (The Alpha 2006 Model in a Tuxedo)
Bond Connery( White Tuxedo)
Bond Moore (See Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9761/rogermorezd9.png)
Bond Dalton
Serena St Germaine (From Everything or Nothing- Pierce's last appearene as Bond)
Vesper Lynd
Major Anya Amasova (from the spy who loved me)
Doctor Doak (aka Male Scientist)
Felix Leiter (Wright)

Janus Team :
Janus
Boris
Ouromov
Oddjob
Baron Samedi
Jaws
Mayday
Xenia
Russian Soldier
Janus Marine
Helicopter Pilot
St. Petersberg Guard
Arctic Commando
Siberian Special Forces
Jungle Commando
Janus Special Forces
Lee Ciffe
Blofeld (Donald P)
Scalamanga
Nickoli Diablo (the villian from Everything or Nothing- William dafoe- hell lets give him a power rangers mask and call him Green Goblin :P)
Biker
Terrolist

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2011, 04:55:19 pm »

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Necroposting&defid=2426673

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 11:29:03 pm »

Also we have a solution for Craig

GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 04:29:39 pm »

I would definitely  play as Basstronix bondtux if that was put in GE:S

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up