GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:07:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bunker Classic (WIP)  (Read 16719 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Bunker Classic (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 05:57:33 pm »

Yes, you're right about the railings, for now they're placeholder as I'm hoping to replace them with a model and new texture.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 10:55:05 pm »

Doing those textures in hammer is a bitch. Took me hours to line up textures on Cradle, and there still a lot that are off.

Since those are small railings, I would suggest modeling it as you said.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 10:09:54 am »

Why modelling them, just use the displacement trick i told you of.

View the image and follow the instructions below:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/678/disprailingtut.jpg

1. place a straight brush with the railing texture on it on top of the railing

2. turn the sides top and front into displacements with the power of 2

3. use the "Paint geometry" tool to drag the vertex into possition beginning with the lowest vertex to avoid overlapping.
I used values of 14, 28, 42, 56 units for my railing, ofc. it depends on the situation.
Messure hight difference between your straight brush and the point where the railing should end at.
Next divide this value through 4 and you got your value 1, double and tripple it to get value 2 and 3.
Enter them into the Distance field of the disp paint tool, disable spatial and drag them down.
Maybe do this for every side seperatly, otherwise you might acidentally drag a vertex from the backside.

This technic isn't limited to railings, you can use it everywhere you need to align a texture to a diagonal surface and you don't wanna create a special texture or do it the cheap and ugly way by rotating. (see image 5)

johncoxon

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • johncoxon has no influence.
    • Chickens in Envelopes
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 03:15:55 pm »

That map looks awesome, I'll look forward to running around like a headless chicken in there!

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 11:28:24 am »

Now only if we could program floating mines, grenades, etc so you can use the easter egg from the original.

also need to make an exploding mount for the monitors on the ceiling that makes all 4 monitors explode another easter egg in the original

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up