GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:41:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 12/24/09 [December Report]  (Read 19374 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
GES Update 12/24/09 [December Report]
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:36:13 am »

It is time again to cast your votes on moddb.com!

We've had a spectacular year, our best since 2006, with several successful releases of our mod totaling over 40,000 unique downloads spread across our site mirrors and moddb.com. We ask that you help give us the best chance we can to once again win a MOTY award!

Show your support for Goldeneye: Source!

This time around in the MODDB 2009 MOTY, we will be in the "released" category. Our previous awards were top 5 placings for an editors choice for "best unreleased" in 2005, and players choice 3rd placing 2006 released.

Since then we've had a restart by going to Orangebox engine, and now find ourselves eligible for the "released" category. This has been one of our side goals for this year, and extra incentive for working hard to find fixes and a patch to the valve issues that plagued mod servers during February. Following the patch we have seen the game played successfully through several of the best community driven servers, utilizing stat services to give our players an even greater experience time and time again.

We thank them, and you the fans, for giving us the opportunity to see the mod enjoyed and the feedback received. To jump in game even 7 months after a release to find fans eager to hop in for a goldeneye romp, is surely gratifying.

And we say that knowing the avalanche of content on your GE:S horizon is even grander than what you have now!

2010 will see the finalization of GE:S Multiplayer, starting off with this huge and anticipated content release coming very soon. After that a planned commitment to release often as we bring in the last of the standard Mi6 and Janus characters as well as the remaining maps. To help for this next year of releases we are going to use the emerging platform, DESURA! This is one reason we are not rushing a premature beta 4 before the end of the year.

We will investigate our options and in the meantime we can do right by you through testing and polishing the many dozens of features and additions shown and listed in this and our october report!

Last report we promised to show more guns, more screens of maps, more rolling explosions and one of the newest characters to the Mi6 team. Here is the kind of delivery pizza hut could never touch!

== Lasers == Click for larger image

== Rocket Launcher == Click for larger image

== Explosive Action! == Click for larger image

== 006 Posing == Click for larger image

Next update will be cranking out some more 006 screens and info [whoamg? I know right!], more characters on the way in-game, and hopefully just into the new year we can roll out a trailer to showcase some of the things in moving splendor that you have seen us pimp over the last 2 months!

Happy holidays, merry Christmas and/or any holiday you observe, may it be a joyous and relaxing time for you. Next update will be January 1st of the new decade! See you then and remember to vote us into top 100, and then again at any time you can. Do us proud by visiting our profile daily and don't forget to tell your slack friends to vote for us as well! After all, we are #1.....

Sincerely,
Team GoldenEye: Source
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 02:37:03 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Zippy

• Magic Member
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zippy has no influence.
Re: GES Update 12/24/09 [December Report]
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 06:19:16 am »

I can just picture a bunch of kids new to the mod, finding the laser gun, and repeating "Im4 firin mah laz0r lolol!1"

JcFerggy

• JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 06:22:04 am »

What? Are you suggesting that beta testers and devs alike don't still do that? Well you might just be mistaken :P

-Edit- Piss, we are already off the main page. :(
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:29:41 am by JcFerggy »

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 06:48:13 am »

This update just proves that a time machine is obsolete to beta 4, and we finally get a glimpse of Alec Trevelyan.   :D  I'm glad the GE:S team is taking its time and perfecting things instead rushing a release.  Looking forward to New Years update....

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 06:56:54 am »

Nice job Wake and JC. Can't wait for January 1st to come around for you guys, it is going to be amazing. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

SPECTRE v7

• Secret Agent
  • SPECTRE v7 has no influence.
    • myspace.com/orlando87
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 07:10:16 am »

Makes my mouth water!

Zippy

• Magic Member
  • Secret Agent
  • Zippy has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 09:53:10 am »

Is Beta 4 gonna have Bunker 1 and 2? My balls would tingle so hard if it did.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:16:44 am »

I already voted. I have to update myself in terms of the current Beta. My computer dying is not the best thing in the world...

Zwaken

• Agent
  • Zwaken has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 04:17:53 pm »

Voted and wantzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 04:42:43 am »

no moar front page :(

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 05:17:47 am »

For now. The site is still there and will return asap. I'm planning to have someone make the sections way better (functionally) than before.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 06:12:52 am »

Are you talking about moddb?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

JcFerggy

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 06:18:23 am »

No, the main page for the site. It currently redirects to ModDB, which is now missing missing the wooden background, just like the forums.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 12:36:09 pm »

Yeah the image is being redirected as well. Fixing now

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 06:56:46 pm »

Looks great as usual. This is definitely something to be patient for, the wait is well worth it.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up