GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:44:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_qlab  (Read 12576 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: ge_qlab
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 08:15:27 pm »

Bumping for updates.

Goodies: a draft of Q's Lab lower floor plan.

Note: not all the secret passages are signalled and there's still one floor to show. No props are signalled either, hence this being a floor plan. Keep in mind this is a WIP, so some changes may be made, like rounding the corners :).

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 04:43:50 pm »

Nice floor plan. Quite a project just looking at the floor plan. Hope you keep at it. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 05:39:31 pm »

Thoughts:

The spawns in the water closets seem bad because there's no weapon handy.

The observation area seems useless. If it's a dead end, and no items spawn inside, and you can't shoot through the glass, it may as well be locked off.

It doesn't seem good that you can see clear from the elevator into the experiments room, for gameplay, optimization, or logic.

It seems like there are already too many secret passages, and this is only half the level. It might be better to just have a tight hallway running from the warehouse to the stairs/security and leave R's office a dead end.

There should be another way out of the experiments room, or the hallway between there and the wind tunnel. As it is, a player can seal off those two areas just by controlling the hallway. If the upper level goes this far south, this area might be a good place for a third stairway.
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:54:24 pm »

Thoughts:

The spawns in the water closets seem bad because there's no weapon handy.

The observation area seems useless. If it's a dead end, and no items spawn inside, and you can't shoot through the glass, it may as well be locked off.

It doesn't seem good that you can see clear from the elevator into the experiments room, for gameplay, optimization, or logic.

It seems like there are already too many secret passages, and this is only half the level. It might be better to just have a tight hallway running from the warehouse to the stairs/security and leave R's office a dead end.

There should be another way out of the experiments room, or the hallway between there and the wind tunnel. As it is, a player can seal off those two areas just by controlling the hallway. If the upper level goes this far south, this area might be a good place for a third stairway.

I see what you mean. Keep in mind that BP glass can be shot through and just because you see an opening on the map doesn't mean there will be an open-able door. It's just for convenience; to tell me where to put the doors.

The building will probably go that far south since I want it to be a more or less big map (there are 11 spawns on the lower level only). Still, you gave me an idea: I may use the Observation area as a weapon spawn or an ammo spawn, discarding the bathroom spawns problem you pointed out. I might use it to spawn the level 6 ammo and leave the level 6 weapon spawn where it is (they are close to one another).

I may also move the elevator a bit left for optimization purposes, as you pointed out. The experiments room will have another way out, don't worry. I've stated not all the secret passages are shown, right? :)

Thanks for the feedback, mookie.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up