GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 08:52:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE] Constant Disconnections  (Read 2456 times)

reaper200

[ISSUE] Constant Disconnections
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:03:07 pm »

Hi Guys

Installed GE:Source yesterday but can't seem to be able to stay connected to any servers. I can join all servers, choose my character, spawn but then literally a minute or so in to the game i always lose connection to the server. I have a 16MB Unlimited Broadband connection so i know its not that. I've played previous versions of GE: Source with no rpbolems so am not sure whats going on here. Any help would be appreciated.

And I'm sorry if this has been posted before. I did have a look around the forums but the only similar problems i saw was where people crashed\disconnected while the server was loading rather than always losing connection while ingame.

Thanks

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [ISSUE] Constant Disconnections
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:02:00 pm »

Where are you located? There are GE:S servers located around the world. The ones that are usually the most populated are the US and UK servers, I'm assuming that's where you were connecting to.

Having said that, with a connection like yours you shouldn't be having this much trouble. Is your connection wireless? If yes then it's you've probably got an inconsistent signal to your modem.

Do you get this issue in other Source games? I have a feeling this is less to do with the game itself and more to do with your connection.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

reaper200

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:09:13 am »

I'm in the UK, its a wired connection and no i don't get this with any other game be it source or not (l4d, pvk2 etc.). The reason i think it has to do with the game is that no matter which server i join i get disconnected after a minute or less of gameplay. If the time it took for me to get disconnetced varied then it could have something to do with my connection but the fact that it seems to be round about the same amount of time makes me think it has something to do with the game. And no the game doesn't crash or anything. I just lose connection and get that red countdown timer.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:16:26 pm »

Are you VAC banned? This has nothing to do with the game, just for the record. It is 100% you, your firewall, your router, whatever.

If you join a server that has ping limiters they'll boot you from the server if you are > that ping limiter (also rate limit boots). I don't care how fast your connection says it is, I am not ruling this out.

Also, please post the message that pops up when you get booted back to the main screen. That is a VERY important message to help diagnose the problem.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:18:05 pm by killermonkey »
Pages: [1]   Go Up