GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:36:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For P.T. &/or Texture artist  (Read 7259 times)

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
For P.T. &/or Texture artist
« on: February 13, 2009, 06:29:45 pm »

;)

P.T.: I'm a VERY avid gamer and have a LOT of gaming hours under my keyboard/controller(bragable?) and already have pointed out some things in maps and plan to find more as time progresses. i have played with a few of you Dev's so i bet you guys could vouch one up for me, I'm not one of those kids who cuss out someone because they die, i actually have some e-pride. and my e-balls aren't too big.. but i'm mature and know howto handle myself in e-situations.

Texture Artist: http://www.fpsbanana.com/members/skins/612716?order=skins.downloads
Thats the stuff i've been working on.. as a trial run really trial/error for texturing, some with tutorials others with myself trying new things out, fairly new to it but i'm defiantly learning by the day. Those are some Counter-Strike 1.6 textures's I've done... Lack of quality because of the 256 color maximum heh and also in game it stretches out the textures to make it fit the full model(with my soon to be released models I'll have decompiled and recompiled them to make a fit). Also i have used 3DS before but right now I'm kind've in a small rut due to MY computer sitting in pieces because of a blown gfx card(i hope) and am currently trying to find a way to move it to this computer (a whole 7gb left on this hd -.-)  I'm also awaiting an alpha stage of a new up-coming RPG to texture things for.. this is a pay project but by joining this team, I'd be adding to my portfolio, which would help out so much.

Other: I've been in the HL community sense the first week Counter-Strike has come out(buddy beta tested) and I've had my share of trial/error.. I love erm.. a lot of things? Cake.. Women.. Cars.. Computers.. Games.. Life.. The Army..  I WILL be going to basic training within the next 4-6 months they tell me.... but until then I'm 100% available.

Thanks for reading all of that lol i started with a paragraph then stuff just kept coming to me.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: For P.T. &/or Texture artist
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 06:37:39 pm »

Bump to trial plz.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:25:16 pm »

Holly shit, your stuff is awesome!!!
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »

Holly shit, your stuff is awesome!!!

Lol, thanks.. i'm a perfectionist.. i cant bear to look at any of my models really lol or else i'd want to edit them more and more.. i have an m4 i use... ive edited it so many times in the last 3 weeks its ridiculous..

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 09:12:42 pm »

Unfortunately the stuff you posted doesn't really show off much in the way of texturing for modern games, as you mentioned yourself.  In particular I can't see anything that shows the use of normal and specular maps.  Are you familiar/comfortable with creating normal, specular, and high res textures? Do you have any work that shows this?

With only the stuff you've shown so far, I would vote for you to come onto the team as a tester, but I don't think you've demonstrated enough modern texturing work to be a texture artist for us.  The other concern is that developers who can only do texture work and not the modeling side typically work on environment textures, and your portfolio doesn't contain any environment work.

If you have some more work that addresses these concerns, please let us know.   

Definitely keep practicing though, and I would recommend working on assets for more modern games as well.  That way you'll get the practice using more modern techniques, and have more relevant work to show. 

Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:19:17 pm »

I would vote for you to come onto the team as a tester

I agree whole-heartedly, i will have 3ds up and running soon and i'll be able to work on a few things from there myself.

I'm good for now as a tester :D i'll take that vote 100%.. I love the game and where it's going and i'd love to be a part of that aspect of the team.(for now :D) Until then i will get my programs running and i will post up some of my soon-to-come hi-res stuff.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 11:34:55 pm »

i would say to keep jamming on stuff to get your skills up as a texture artist. if you really bust your butt you can get really good in about a month i recommend buying the program CrazyBumps its well worth the cash and will help you out a ton with making your own normal and spec maps quickly.

as for getting on as a tester, we don't really take apps for testers so the best way to do it is to keep making good bug reports for the game and report our screw ups in a clear and concise way then we will contact you privately to join on. if we don't do it this way everyone and their grandma applies to be a beta tester. not to mention it shows that your passionate enough about testing to do a ton of it on your own and without the need of the tittle of tester.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 11:57:05 pm »

i would say to keep jamming on stuff to get your skills up as a texture artist. if you really bust your butt you can get really good in about a month i recommend buying the program CrazyBumps its well worth the cash and will help you out a ton with making your own normal and spec maps quickly.

as for getting on as a tester, we don't really take apps for testers so the best way to do it is to keep making good bug reports for the game and report our screw ups in a clear and concise way then we will contact you privately to join on. if we don't do it this way everyone and their grandma applies to be a beta tester. not to mention it shows that your passionate enough about testing to do a ton of it on your own and without the need of the tittle of tester.

Thanks, I finally found out how to move 3ds from my comp to this one.. and i'll get some tutorials going :D

thank's for the suggestions and i will look into CrazyBumps.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 12:11:05 am »

Good luck for the future and keep at it and active around here would be nice. Really it would be better to just get great at texturing to our requirements and come on the team as 2D, then you will be testing anyway. Im saying no for tester simply because I dont know you overly well and as stated we dont handle beta tester recruiting that way.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 01:31:15 am »

Good luck for the future and keep at it and active around here would be nice. Really it would be better to just get great at texturing to our requirements and come on the team as 2D, then you will be testing anyway. Im saying no for tester simply because I dont know you overly well and as stated we dont handle beta tester recruiting that way.

We played lastnight ;-)   Y|GoD.Sp1nn3y[Ao3][hl2]

Thanks though, all of your feedback is welcome and i am taking it ALL to my head and will be working on something soon. I also got my 3ds up and running.. now i need to reconfigure myself with it hah..
Pages: [1]   Go Up