GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 05:57:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flesh Wound and Indirect Fire Achievement Question  (Read 7277 times)

Rainbono

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rainbono has no influence.
Flesh Wound and Indirect Fire Achievement Question
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:36:18 am »

Hello, everyone. I've been playing this game for the last several months and really enjoy it. There's not many games that hold my interest anymore, but this one certainly has broken that. Over the last several months, I've been trying to get all of the achievements and am very close. Flesh Wound and Indirect Fire are the only ones I'm having difficulty with. What exactly does the game define as "a player you cannot see", and when does a knife fight count as a duel? In getting the kill 20 players you cannot see with a remote mine, I found out that the game need me to run down several hallways and then detonate for the counter to rise. I can't recall what I did to get the first two kills in the achievement. For flesh wound, it seems to be hit or miss when the counter goes. The last encounter I remember where it went up was from being stabbed once, stabbing the other guy, and then dancing around a while until the other guy was dead. When does the game count it as a duel?

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
Re: Flesh Wound and Indirect Fire Achievement Question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:15:10 pm »

"Indirect Fire", on the technical side of things, requires that the spot the other player is in not be loaded on your client.  In general this means you've got to be in a completely different room with no direct visibility to their room, so getting the achievement means you've got make some pretty good bank shots, or arc your shot over a wall.  Depot/Temple Classic are good choices for trying to get this one.

"Just a Flesh Wound" used to be pretty easy...until we stopped spawning players with the knife.  You're more or less spot-on with the rules for getting it; you need to use the knife to kill someone who previously hit you with their own knife.  It's pretty rare to see the hunting knife used, despite how good it can be, so we'll probably be lowering the amount of kills needed for this one.

Glad you're enjoying the game, and I hope you get the last few achievements you need!  If you've gotten "Time to Target" and "Silent Opposition" you've already cleared the hardest ones in my opinion.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Rainbono

• Agent
  • Rainbono has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:33:31 am »

Thank you very much for the clarification. I was able to get the indirect fire achievement, on Complex of all places, yesterday. I had to shoot someone across the collapsable bridge, and then rush down a hallway for it to count. I was also able to bump my knife duel kill count up to 9 after having a stand off with someone.

joycey84

• Agent
  • joycey84 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:37:43 pm »

"Indirect Fire", on the technical side of things, requires that the spot the other player is in not be loaded on your client.  In general this means you've got to be in a completely different room with no direct visibility to their room, so getting the achievement means you've got make some pretty good bank shots, or arc your shot over a wall.  Depot/Temple Classic are good choices for trying to get this one.

"Just a Flesh Wound" used to be pretty easy...until we stopped spawning players with the knife.  You're more or less spot-on with the rules for getting it; you need to use the knife to kill someone who previously hit you with their own knife.  It's pretty rare to see the hunting knife used, despite how good it can be, so we'll probably be lowering the amount of kills needed for this one.

Glad you're enjoying the game, and I hope you get the last few achievements you need!  If you've gotten "Time to Target" and "Silent Opposition" you've already cleared the hardest ones in my opinion.

I made a bitch post about Indirect Fire on Discord not long ago (I think you answered with something similar E-S?), I also thought I heard in-game that the grenade has to cover a certain minimum vertical distance or did I imagine that? To give you an example of a kill that didn't register, I was on Temple going up the slope to the corner door of the main room and spamfired across through the open opposite door (the one leading to the lower main room) and it went down the slope and hit someone well out of sight. Checked...still 0/3!

I'll try and "fire and run in the opposite direction" tactic though, tks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up