GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 19, 2024, 11:18:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring Achievements to New Computer  (Read 7490 times)

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spry has no influence.
Transferring Achievements to New Computer
« on: September 11, 2017, 04:06:09 pm »

Hey all, my computer recently died unexpectedly before I had a chance to back everything up, I'll probably pick up a new one at some point this week. Is it possible to transfer the achievements I had with no access to my old hard drive when I reinstall the game on my new computer, and if so, how? I'm really worried about losing my progress because of this, help is appreciated. Thanks!

JohnRDVSMarston

• Insania est arcanum
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!JohnRDVSMarston is a rising star!
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Transferring Achievements to New Computer
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:22:14 pm »

I believe the achievements are connected to your Steam account rather than your computer, because I had uninstalled GE:S (like wipe everything related to it) one time and, when I reinstalled, I got the achievements back (but, sadly, I lost the Ivory DD44).
Working around to be programmer, voice artist, designer, compositor and writer. If you want help, I'll be much obliged in helping you.

P.S: No, I'm not behind you with a bloody screwdriver. I'm a nice guy! >:D

Spry

• I Feel So Funky
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Spry has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 04:52:36 pm »

Ooh, the Ivory DD44 is another one I hadn't thought of that I'd like to keep around if at all possible. I suppose it's not a huge deal, but I'd hate to lose all this stuff.

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 05:49:51 pm »

Nothing is tied to your Steam ID, they're files on your install directory. Sadly if you have no access to the files, you won't be able to backup your Ivory DD44 or achievements.

Once you get the new PC, try getting the HDD out of the old one and putting it on the new one and you should be able to access it, unless it's the HDD what died.
Pages: [1]   Go Up