GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:27:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a minor suggestion about grenade launcher, as well as an EXPLOSIONS idea  (Read 9705 times)

Massive_Atom

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Massive_Atom might someday be someone...Massive_Atom might someday be someone...Massive_Atom might someday be someone...Massive_Atom might someday be someone...
    • Everyone Will Perish

So I noticed the grenade launcher rotates the clip before shooting the first shot, maybe let the first shot go and rotate afterwards? also empty grenade chamber after shot has been fired.

I think there should be an option to color code explosions based on friendly or not.
Yours and enemies explosions are normal so you know they hurt.
Ally explosions that don't hurt when "friendly fire" is disabled could be colored blue?? maybe? Might get confusing with team colors.....maybe make:
Player explosion color normal and the rest team color based.
On M16, red and orange hurt, blue doesn't.
On Janus, blue and orange hurt, red doesn't.
a scrub programmer aspiring to be a Game Dev someday. For now, I spend my free time playing this wonderful mod.

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • De¢r¥pter1990 has no influence.

In gold 64 the soldiers flew like superman when a remote mine exploded in the feets
I confess that I miss this funny animations.. ;D
but the GL is realy like the gold 64, the "drum" always turned before the shot.

But something like this in reload would be cool

“Yesss im invincible!!”   Boris grishenko

steamcommunity.com/id/eusoudecrypter

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!

Oh hell no... Don't ask for hands LOL. I must admit I tend to avoid using the Grenade Launcher since the addition of rotation before shot, it's difficult to actually hit anything now and more often than not it's just pot luck... But then I suppose like anything, it's just practice. I love the reload sound though, please don't ever change that :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:15:30 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

De¢r¥pter1990

• 00 Level Designer
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • De¢r¥pter1990 has no influence.

lol Clint Eastwood is covered of reason.. Changing the form of reload the weapons kill all the charm classic of GoldenEye..   :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:22:07 am by De¢rÂ¥pter1990 »
“Yesss im invincible!!”   Boris grishenko

steamcommunity.com/id/eusoudecrypter

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!

also empty grenade chamber after shot has been fired.

The casing for the grenades remain in the chamber after being fired, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have it appear empty immediately after firing, as they wouldn't be ejected upon firing. The chambers do, however, empty out accordingly if you reload with less than a full magazine worth of ammo.
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

TheHTCViveGuy

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TheHTCViveGuy has no influence.

NO!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!

The reason for the lengthy magazine rotation before the shot is twofold: 1) It did in the original, 2) it balances the weapon much better.

The grenade launcher can unleash an unholy amount of explosions in a very short time span, prior to 5.0 this was balanced by giving it a longer 'custom' reload animation which felt very inconsistent with all the other weapons. In 5.0 onwards we balance it by a longer delay before the shot in favour of a consistent reload time.

It does give the weapon a particular learning curve and making it challenging to use at first, but that's all part of the skill people should develop. It also makes the gun a lot more interesting and force you to be a little more mindful about the situations you use it in.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Rant

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rant has no influence.
Re: a minor suggestion about grenade launcher, as well as an EXPLOSIONS idea
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 11:01:58 pm »

The way the grenade launcher was prior to version 5.0 was much more like the original N64 version. When you press fire, it fires immediately. That's how it was on the N64. It didn't go through a rotation before it fired, there was no delay. I much preferred the older grenade launcher myself, it felt like the original, now it doesn't.

Rant
Pages: [1]   Go Up