GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:50:52 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D character modeler for Xenia Onatopp or Natla and object/prop modeler  (Read 13356 times)

pookpunk

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pookpunk has no influence.

I have experience in Maya 2015-2017. Also, blender (my sonic model was made in blender). And Mudbox.

I currently use Lightwave 3D.

What 3d app is the team using for character models? I am wondering if LW is compatible with source engine. I typically model cartoonish models, but open to more realism as well. I'm capable and willing. I can match the quality of current GE source models.

other software skills: Clip Paint Studio Pro, GIMP, Photoshop

Here are my 3d works:

My oil paintings:

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:01:31 am by pookpunk »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!

Hi there!

Thanks for applying and showing us some of your work.

To answer your question: individually we use different software on the team, it's great that you have Blender experience as that's the most preferential right now for rigging and importing to Source.

We'll get back to you as soon as we can after discussing with the team internally, but my initial impressions are I'm very hopeful about what you could bring to the project.  :)

Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage

According to the Wiki, Lightwave smd exporters existed for older versions of the Program.
One of them was even able to export animations.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Lightwave

So if you work with a newer Version then 9.5 i'm affraid you will have to export the results to another program like blender using e.g. fbx for rigged Meshes.

pookpunk

• Agent

Yes, I am using LW version 2015.

Have Maya 2017 student and Blender latest installed on my PC as well.

Also, if there are plans to remake GEN64 single player campaign. I'm open to assets for that as well.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 05:42:27 pm by pookpunk »

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!

Hi Pookpunk,

I was wondering if you have had any experience or work you could show with detailed highpoly character sculpting, e.g:

Also do you have any other texture work or textured models that you could show us? We'd just like to ascertain your skill set before proceeding with a trial.

pookpunk

• Agent

I'd like to model Xenia in the style of how she was portrayed in the EA games:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:51:26 am by pookpunk »

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer

Hi Pookpunk

We're ready to give you a trial to join the development team.

You will shortly be given access to the trial section of the forums, once you have access please start a thread with your name and position in the title and we'll proceed.

Our character creation goals internally have evolved since we last had an active character artist, which we can go into more detail on once the trial has begun.

Good luck!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up