GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:08:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] Chateau DuClare v2  (Read 10788 times)

Adrian

• Lead Artist
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!Adrian is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam profile
[Level] Chateau DuClare v2
« on: January 21, 2017, 09:09:29 pm »

Ge_ChateauDuClare_v02
(for legacy purposes)
OVERVIEW

I decided to come back and give some much needed love to my first official map. This revision started last summer, shortly after the release of GE:S v5 broke a handful of community maps. What started as a simple visual upgrade turned into a full overhaul of the map. I'll attach a changelog to the bottom of this post if you're interested.

The most standout changes you'll see in the following images include a whole new skybox, implementation of HDR, more dynamic layout changes and better visual indicators for special weapons and armor spawns. I also spent some time better optimizing the visibility, so hopefully performance will be less brutal when outside in front of the chateau.

======================================================
Beta Testers
Many thanks to the following for testing and offering new ideas!
  • E-S
  • Mangley
  • Soupcan
  • Torn
  • box
  • Bashe
  • Graslu
  • Gabbo
  • kraid
  • TZKK

CHANGELOG
Code: [Select]
[Visuals]
 + Replaced old textures/models with much improved assets:
- Grass
- Hedges
- Green carpet
- Cubicle panels
- Various light fixtures
- Lamp posts
- Servers
- Mirrors
- Skybox trees
- Wood trim on plaster walls

+ Implemented HDR
 + Overall, the map is much brighter and easier to see in both HDR and LDR
 + Adjusted lightmap resolutions for cleaner shadows from all light fixtures (this was inconsistent before)
 + New skybox texture
 + Top level weapon spawns and armor are clearly indicated with a special decal

[Playability]
 + Optimized skybox setup (went from ~2,000 displacements for the mountain ranges to 144)
 + All physics props now have collisions disabled so the player will no longer bump into them
 + Raised both fireplace mantles so the player can now fit with the new, taller bounding box
 + The dumbwaiter will no longer crush the player; they will instead be teleported above the dumbwaiter should it close on them
 + Bot nodes have been improved
 + All window frames are clipped to encourage regular jumping, rather than crouch jumping
 + Optimized VIS; framerate should be much improved when outside (particularly by the front fountain)

[Layout changes]
 + Basement cubicle area has been re-arranged with a more dynamic layout
 + Control room has a one-way drop from hedge garden above
 + Wine cellar has a more interesting route with wineracks blocking what was once an open, boring area

DOWNLOADS!

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)

Mirror 2 (Dropbox)

.res file (for server owners)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 08:37:56 pm by Adrian »
Official releases: Depot, Archives Classic, Library Classic

Third-party releases: Deus Ex-inspired Chateau DuClare

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: [Level] Chateau DuClare v2
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:30 am »

Just had a run through it, I wish I could've made it to the tests.
All I have to say is ; Looks absolutely fantastic! The amount of added detail compared to the first version is phenomenal, and the skybox is day and night compared to what it was. I really love how you've reworked the basement too, seems to work much better. The first version was a pretty damn good map, but this is just the cherry on top of the sundae. Well done buddy!

Torn

• Level Designer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!Torn is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 05:05:41 pm »

You put a lot of work into this project and it shows, and only continues to get better. Great update all around, looks fantastic :)
Official Releases: Dam / Egyptian
Community Releases: Quake - E1M7 / Blockfort

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 11:38:23 am »

This is awesome work Adrian as always, thanks :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up