GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:39:09 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SSL's Blog #2: ge_library  (Read 63641 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: SSL's Blog #2: ge_library
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 08:31:03 am »

Hey... Where have the images gone, I wanna see :(

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 06:45:47 pm »

I was just noclipping through the level recently, and I'm surprised at how good the upstairs looks. Is there any plan to finish it and release it? Looks excellent so far!

I'm glad to hear you think that! I haven't worked on anything GES related in a long time... I really need to take a week and push out the last bits of that map.

The problem with how I work is I'm a very detail oriented person, so I spend weeks, months, or years poking and prodding at small things until I get sick of working on them and abandon them. Which means it takes forever for me to finish something without a deadline. Literally forever.

Hey... Where have the images gone, I wanna see :(

Just noclip upstairs in Basement, it's right there! :)
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 08:59:02 pm »

OK, cheers :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 07:58:55 am »

The problem with how I work is I'm a very detail oriented person, so I spend weeks, months, or years poking and prodding at small things until I get sick of working on them and abandon them. Which means it takes forever for me to finish something without a deadline. Literally forever.

I know exactly what you mean. the funhouse took me almost 3 years until I felt satisfied. and in the end the fun of the work turned into madness.

but you shouldn't just give up on that map, you're almost THERE. and I want that map. everybody wants that map. the mod needs your map right now. and if you can't work without a deadline, I´ll give you one:

OK SSL, let's make this clear: this goddamn map is almost finished and it already looks beautiful. Now, take your chance and finish the basic structures like walls/ceilings, so that it's sealed! JAB JAB! Then add some more detail to plain zones and it will be fine. Do you understand? IT WILL BE FINE. FINE!!! And I want to see results next month, on December, the 20th. THIS IS YOUR DEADLINE. MAY THE FORUM BE MY WITNESS. Do it now or never! Before Christmas day, I want to test the final version and murder someone in your library! You wouldn't let me down, would ya?
and once it's finished I congratulate you to one hell of a map, ok?
  8)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 08:12:31 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 12:13:19 am »

Maybe you can release what you have made so far as a beta map and players can test it and give feedback on it?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:24:17 am by Jonathon [SSL] »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 02:24:06 am »

Maybe you can release what you have made so far as a beta map and players can test it and give feedback on it?

What's made so far is what's in the current release.

Dec. 20th is what I'm going to push for!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 03:27:28 am »

Whoah this is excellent news. Maybe I'll push for 4.3 by Christmas!!

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 03:55:52 am »

:O one month to get 4.3 out? DAYUM good luck bro! :)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 10:33:05 am »

What's made so far is what's in the current release.

Well Good Luck guys :D

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 03:06:11 pm »

That's the right attitude, man! It's gonna be great!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:17:59 pm by The Cy »

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 07:57:29 pm »

The round room in Library, it looks sexy as fuck. The basement looks fine to me, the only thing I don't like about it is the loading room where the top teir weapon usually spawns. To me it doesn't really fit into basement.

Also, playing on the New library has already happened ;)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:24:31 am by Peroxwhy?gen »

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 08:00:01 am »

you will love SSL's library. just look at these awesome pictures. you get the feeling, right? on Dec. 20th, the dream will come true  8)

...oh yeah...

...oh yeah...

...feels so good...

...baby...

...baby yeaaahhhh!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:01:32 am by The Cy »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 09:35:58 am »

'Dem leaks.

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »

Okay what is wrong with the map? I mean from what I see that is a finished map that should've been out a while ago.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »

Okay what is wrong with the map? I mean from what I see that is a finished map that should've been out a while ago.

Half the rooms are just boxes, and there is still a lot of prop placement and lighting tweaking to be done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up