GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:23:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Played a few rounds with a Dev,  (Read 19127 times)

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
Re: Played a few rounds with a Dev,
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:24 pm »

"It's always nice to see the devs, beta testers"

That may depend on if they are on a 40 kill long spree.  ::)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 10:43:31 pm »

It's no surprise the devs and testers are better than the rest of us, given time many of us will catch up and end up being better than they are.

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 10:44:24 pm »

I played yesterday for the first time all week and wasn't good at all. Finished in the middle of the pack consistently, and only won a few matches. Good to see that people have been practicing.  :)

Either that or spawn camping.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:46:30 pm by Audix »

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 11:02:59 pm »

For the last couple days I've been able to pwn most people I've played with (a good percentage of the time, anyway). Just one of the many advantages of having "no life".

Mark my words, I will be one of the top players of this mod! I'm obsessed with it! The only thing hindering my obsession is the  Golden Gun/ Gold PP7 on the Random Set. But they will be cast into the depths of Hell soon enough, I trust.

Patch patch patch patch come on come on come on! Excitement!

It's just too bad people flock to already over-populated servers like fools! And there needs to be more MWGG servers. Grr.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 11:08:04 pm by The Beatles pwn j00! »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 11:06:58 pm »

I try to play, but I usually play with a few buds of mine in a 4 man server. It just reeks of nostalgia

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 12:32:06 am »

So far the only impersonation I've seen was a troll wearing [GE:S Dev] Nickster.  Unfortunately, that was the limit of his wit, so the most he got out of it was a "What's up?" in chat and associated small talk.  The troll could've at least treated us to some sort of zombie impersonation or made anti-semetic remarks or played Rick Astley and Duke Nukem over the microphone.  I'm afraid our educational system is leaving trolls behind; they don't know how to function in a pub server.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 12:36:51 am »

Next time vc, get his steam id (type status into console and take a screen shot) and we will hard code a ban for him.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:39:29 am by Mark [lodle] »

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 12:42:30 am »

I did but I forgot had mat_queue_mode 2 set and that prevents screenshot from functioning. (VALVE ftw)

We could ask server hosts to grep their logs. :D
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 12:47:38 am »

I saw someone in Beta 1 with the name "Nickster", and all he did was jump off the cradle. I just left the server.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 01:08:05 am »

So far ive not heard or seen of any impersonating of current devs in order to spread falsities, but this was only our first release back... because there will be more and popularity will grow from strength to strength the amount of people willing to do that would naturally increase.

That "[GE:S Dev] Nickster" on release night was in a server with 5+ devs, we plan to if we can, ban the use of that handle in all GE:S servers. So if your nickname is actually nickster fair warning down the track you should take it out of your friends name :\

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 01:10:30 am »

Would it be pretty hard to stop the use entirely since the engine uses our friends names?
I dotn think that guy was just a faker they knew how much an insult it would be that makes it worse. some people are just scum.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:12:52 am by keefy »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2009, 01:14:35 am »

I wouldn't go that far -- the screenname thing.  If someone wants to troll, fine; if they get B& fine.  But no innocent player should be affected by coincidence.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 01:18:10 am »

i would not say he is an "innocent player"

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 01:26:19 am »

" So if your nickname is actually nickster fair warning down the track you should take it out of your friends name :\

That person would be.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 01:31:23 am »

I have only have 2 bans on Octopussy server in B3. 1 for racism, 1 for rude, rude comments toward Nickster.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up