GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:46:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/08 Census - Your Feedback & Activity  (Read 26524 times)

Dotmister

Re: 10/08 Census - Your Feedback & Activity
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 09:27:12 am »

A) I check the site everyday, but not the forums. Maybe you guys should post onto the mainsite frontpage more often so the mod doesn't look dead

B) Not an in-game suggestion, but perhaps more activity in the developer diaries for example.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 05:43:10 pm »

1) Check every day. It is part of my routine schedule. Beta 3 looks so promising so I can't wait.

2) I really don't care what some people might says, the front page of the website should really be updated when there is an update like the beta 3 update. Otherwise, it really defeats the purpose of "redesigning" the web page like it is now. Some people aren't the blog/forum type so they will not go into the forums and see if there is an update. If you are curious of activity from people, that is one way to really boost the community which would also give you guys more developers because of activity. Very important.
    Gameplay wise, everything looks like it is pulling together nicely. I am in total agreement of "create a server" option, and that almost ALL the gun sounds need to be redone. The RCP90 and the AR33 just sound cheesy. They need to sound more realistic. Thanks for the "Census blog". These are what I wait to see every day. Something new. :D Thanks GE:S team an sorry for all the crap i give you guys. I really do support you, and I am not trying upset you. :D

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008, 01:51:42 am »

1.) Yes / I check practically every day. It's a routine check whenever I'm on the internet, I check back multiple times a day usually

2.) I trust that you guys will just make everything exactly like the original Goldeneye.  I just think that you should keep jump and other non-goldeneye things as a server side option.

Senshi

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008, 09:20:12 pm »

a) check everyday

b) just make it like the original :)
    i wish i could give you guys more critic but i didn't played your new beta and the 1.1 isn't really (seriously) playable
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:21:57 pm by Senshi »

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 12:31:10 pm »

Most days depends when curiousity creeps in.

Improvements ? Well a fully functional Golden Gun mode with a working radar like in the original when someone picked up the golden gun their dot on the radar would change colour. That to me was a great mode in GE64 and it will please many people if adapted correctly for the source engine. Radar is a must.

MtM0201

• Secret Agent
  • MtM0201 has no influence.
    • my music
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 10:56:16 pm »

a - I visit the site at least twice every day

b - I hope you guys can make the golden gun more unique looking and less blockish, and also try and make it so you can hold 2 different weapons at once like that old glitch

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 01:34:59 am »

A) I visit the site when I remember I should. I registered last fall, and totally didn't check or post until last month :\ So all in all, a couple times a week. I will make more of an effort to post on here.

B) At the present time, I cannot think of anything to contribute as feedback other than you also spelled "legitimate" wrong as well.

And uhh... could anyone PM me the details of if there will be a Single Player mode somewhere down the road? I know its far too soon to say, but has there been any talks about it?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 01:39:16 am by Ruone »
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

shadowdeku

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 02:34:34 am »

1. I check the site usually 2-3 times a week

2. You could add another gameplay mode, because the mod is pretty boring in its current state. Maybe some capture-the-flag style stuff or maybe even a CS knockoff. I also agree you should start posting some stuff on the main site, so I won't have to scavenge through the forums for any news.

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 11:05:15 pm »

1. 1-3 times a week.
2. Make the Aim mode more like GoldenEye's, as in being to aim the Crosshair at any point on the screen with the mouse. This function exists in SMOD and PD: Source, and it would be cool to see it in GES.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

hipv2289

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 05:22:24 pm »

1. I try to check it once every two weeks, as I don't post and this is my first time having an account in over a year.
2. Better sounds, but I'm not complaining, you are doing an excellent job. Oh, and is it a server side choice to start with guns? or is that built in?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 08:11:40 pm »

Start Armed is a server option.  It should be giving people Hunting Knife vs. Slap on normal modes and PP7-S over Slap in LTK.  I don't know if that's how it is functioning at this time, however.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

hipv2289

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:36 pm »

I always seem to start with a mix of guns.

jeph

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 09:43:08 pm »

1) I check the site every couple of weeks

2) nothing I can offer as constructive critique except what has already been stated.

NoodlePudding

• Super Pimp
  • Secret Agent
  • NoodlePudding has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 07:09:49 pm »

1: Ive been away for a good long while but now that im back i will probably check the site everyday.

2: I think the game needs more frequent releases/updates. From what ive seen so far of the new build it looks great, the bad part is that noone can play it.
I eat babies for college credits, true story.

darktimelord09

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2008, 01:20:43 am »

Well first off, how is everyone?

I'm trying to get the feel on over all activity so I am asking for ONE AND ONLY ONE simple post.
We are asking for two simple sentences as listed below.

A) We ask for the that fact your active.
             (Yes or no / 2) The 2 means on an average how many days out of the week do you visit the site

B) One legitement reason on what we can improve on game play, weapon, fundamentals,etc etc.
             (Please do not critique on things like when is the release date, why do you guys suck so bad ETC, ETC.)

A) I check every day in the morning and afternoon
B) I think you should update the front page more often and put in a radar so players can see where other people are in the map
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up