GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:50:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soldiers, civilians  (Read 6320 times)

WNxRicky

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • WNxRicky barely matters.WNxRicky barely matters.
Soldiers, civilians
« on: January 09, 2010, 01:28:24 pm »

Will all the classic soldier and civilian characters from Goldeneye be released for GE:S (the ones you can choose from in multiplayer)? Ofc I don't mean Beta 4 but for later releases.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Soldiers, civilians
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:40:31 pm »

Will all the classic soldier and civilian characters from Goldeneye be released for GE:S (the ones you can choose from in multiplayer)? Ofc I don't mean Beta 4 but for later releases.

I believe the original characters are scheduled to be included but the focus now is on polishing the multiplayer gameplay so the other, less important things are taken care afterwards. A polished gameplay is more important than 30 characters available to play with...

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 04:41:19 pm »

In the future, when the team set to work on Singleplayer these models will need to be made anyway. So I expect we'll see the bulk of these other characters after multiplayer is finished.

From what I understand the remaining main characters (natalya and xenia) are priority for now, but I've heard that there's a female scientist model in the works.

Personally I can't wait for the Helicopter Pilot and Siberian Special Forces  :P
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 04:43:33 pm »

Every single model is planned to be made eventually.
User models may even come to pass in the future.  ;)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 05:28:13 pm »

Every single model is planned to be made eventually.

Are you MAD?!?!?!? O______________o

/runsawaybeforeanythingisdemandedofme

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 12:02:16 am »

We'd need to hire more character artists.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 12:21:32 am »

We'd need to hire more character artists.

Or one really big one.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kinky

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 01:12:54 am »

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 01:18:02 am »

*grows*

Once beta 4 props are completed i'd like to skin characters. If there's any character artists who would rather model than skin, i'd like to do it.  :P
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:39:14 am »

It's not the modeling or skinning thats the problem, its the rigging and compiling into the game...

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 02:50:01 am »

If every character is proposed to be worked on and we have the manpower to do it, ill learn to rig and compile in the time between that goal being met.

But, i dont think its a priority and i know it isnt a priority. The "main" characters are what we really want to lock in and have polished before going out of beta. After that its purely extra bonus content for the masses.

Bissrok

• Agent
  • Bissrok has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 02:57:18 am »

I don't think anyone would be surprised or mad if those skins weren't released until after the multiplayer was completely finished.

As someone else already pointed out, if you guys do work on single player missions afterward, you'll need to build them anyway. But they certainly aren't a priority now. I wouldn't even want you guys to build them now. It's just sort of a "Hey, that's kind of neat" feature. Definitely at the very bottom of the priority list.

Kinky

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:56:15 pm »

It's not the modeling or skinning thats the problem, its the rigging and compiling into the game...

Speak for Spider :P

I rig and compile my own shizz :P

Once beta 4 props are completed i'd like to skin characters. If there's any character artists who would rather model than skin, i'd like to do it.  :P

Nice gesture... but texturing is the EASIEST part of character art. Now if you want to UV them aswell then things are different :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:58:05 pm by Kinky »

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 12:55:08 am »

It's not about easy, its about quality. :)

I'm quite good at texturing and especially at adding those little details everyone loves so much.
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures
Pages: [1]   Go Up