GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:10:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you think of this mode idea?

I think it could become one of my favourite modes.
- 0 (0%)
I think I would often want to play it.
- 2 (40%)
I think I would occasionally want to play it.
- 1 (20%)
I don't think I would enjoy playing this mode.
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strategy Mode  (Read 5864 times)

Joe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.
Strategy Mode
« on: March 26, 2014, 06:33:55 pm »

Hi,

I've wanted to have a go at making a strategy mode for an FPS game since before I started making DAD mode.

I won't start implementing this mode until after DAD mode is finished but I thought I would create a topic for this mode now so that forum members can start posting comments about my design for it.

I think I will need to spend at least 1 more month finishing DAD mode, a playable but not complete alpha version of DAD mode will soon be released.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/m1f6at8bie9ypbv/StrategyMode_DesignDocV2_0.pdf
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:59:06 pm by Joe »
Free games:FPS + RTS: Renegade X & Battlezone 1.5,RTS: 7 Kingdoms & Open Red Alert, TBS:Hedgewars, playcatan.com & www.wesnoth.org

Joe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.Joe has an aura about them.
Re: Strategy Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:18:18 pm »

I've created a poll for this idea because I want to find out if this mode will be worth developing when I could instead develop something else which more people might use.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:16:01 pm by Joe »
Free games:FPS + RTS: Renegade X & Battlezone 1.5,RTS: 7 Kingdoms & Open Red Alert, TBS:Hedgewars, playcatan.com & www.wesnoth.org

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 07:30:32 pm »

As far as I know, I'm good for any new additions to the mod in terms of gamemodes, maps, etc. Whatever you want to bring to the table is up to you, just be sure to make it fun!

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »

I want DM, or Dad Mode.

Death is permanent.  At the start of the round, roughly 1/3rd of the players on the server are selected to be dads, and are each assigned two kids from the remaining player pool.  If there are left over kids, they are orphans and can be adopted by willing dads.  Each dad is responsible for his kids, and must keep them alive and out of trouble.  Each dad works as a freelance assassin, and must earn money by killing specific dads.  Each killed target gets the dad 499$.  If he kills the wrong dads or any kids, he must pay 250$ for a lawyer.  If a dad is fined for killing someone and cannot pay for a lawyer, he gets a public defender who will do such a horrible job of defending him that he gets the electric chair.  Dads also must pay 25$ per kid every minute for their food bill.  If they fail to pay this, then their kids will starve to death.  Dads can also choose to rent a gun or knife.  Every 60 seconds, they must pay a specific amount to keep the weapon.  If they cannot pay, they get the electric chair.   Kids who have lost their dads must find another dad to adopt them.  If a kid is without a dad for 60 seconds, he will starve to death.

The dad with the most kids wins the round, while kids win the round if they survive to the end.

Can't get more strategic than that!
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

Lord_Crow

• I sell stamps and stamp accessories.
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Lord_Crow barely matters.Lord_Crow barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:49:44 am »

I want DM, or Dad Mode.

Death is permanent.  At the start of the round, roughly 1/3rd of the players on the server are selected to be dads, and are each assigned two kids from the remaining player pool.  If there are left over kids, they are orphans and can be adopted by willing dads.  Each dad is responsible for his kids, and must keep them alive and out of trouble.  Each dad works as a freelance assassin, and must earn money by killing specific dads.  Each killed target gets the dad 499$.  If he kills the wrong dads or any kids, he must pay 250$ for a lawyer.  If a dad is fined for killing someone and cannot pay for a lawyer, he gets a public defender who will do such a horrible job of defending him that he gets the electric chair.  Dads also must pay 25$ per kid every minute for their food bill.  If they fail to pay this, then their kids will starve to death.  Dads can also choose to rent a gun or knife.  Every 60 seconds, they must pay a specific amount to keep the weapon.  If they cannot pay, they get the electric chair.   Kids who have lost their dads must find another dad to adopt them.  If a kid is without a dad for 60 seconds, he will starve to death.

The dad with the most kids wins the round, while kids win the round if they survive to the end.

Can't get more strategic than that!

Well, now I'm depressed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up