GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 05:58:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: [Valve Error] Invalid Steam key size  (Read 58911 times)

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Staaf has no influence.
Re: [Valve Error] Invalid Steam key size
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2009, 09:52:08 am »

Yeah, I dont think its very clear that the client has to install the Dedicated server patch as well.  For instance, my client is patched, and I can connect to my patched server fine, but if I try to connect to an un-patched server, which I have found by using another client which is unpatched, it wont let me connect.  That goes for the un-patched client and my patched server as well.

So, until valve gets their butts around to fixing this, EVERY client and server needs to apply the dedicated server patch, and we can all be happy for a while.

You're right I totally missed the client-patch. Wish I had seen that before. I can play on my own server again YAY! Pistols LTK ftw

gggg

• Agent
  • gggg has no influence.
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2009, 04:41:58 pm »

i am seriously considering to kill valve so many errors aaargh

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2009, 04:46:40 pm »

i am seriously considering to kill valve so many errors aaargh

/grabs weapons

oh so i got someone to join me huh?

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2009, 05:14:03 pm »

hey ill join you guys, its been like 8 months and i'm still waiting for them to release the damn code to allow custom shaders.   :'(

Bui

• Agent
  • Bui has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2009, 09:18:49 pm »

no steam logon error is a different issue i think thats actually unrelated to the problem at hand.
Happen to have an idea of what that issue is about or, more importantly, a way to fix it?

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2009, 09:33:38 pm »

Happen to have an idea of what that issue is about or, more importantly, a way to fix it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7579-RPSX-6098

Geko010

• Agent
  • Geko010 has no influence.
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2009, 04:08:26 am »

Happy news, I applied the patch to my client by copying the 2 files into \Program Files\steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\gesource\ (after I backed up the original gameinfo.txt).

I can see about 30 servers, which are all empty.  I connected to a few of them and they seem to work fine, including my own!!  I can see it in the search results along with everyone else.  The No Steam Logon error disappeared as well.

What I don't see are any of the servers with people playing, even after I uncheck Show Map List.  So, patch at your own risk.

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2009, 06:30:13 am »

What I don't see are any of the servers with people playing, even after I uncheck Show Map List.  So, patch at your own risk.

because of the simple fact nobody is playing since everyone who does not have the dedicated server/client patch cant play and servers are screwed up due to the fact you have to use old binaries on the patched servers to allow people to join.

god knows when valve will finally repair it all.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2009, 02:18:13 pm »

I see servers... and i see servers with players... pretty much all the time. No way near as many as just after release but theres usually at least a server with 12 or so players and usually a few smaller ltk or yolt servers that are populated aswell....

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Staaf

• Secret Agent
  • Staaf has no influence.
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2009, 02:54:23 pm »

i see 16 servers now, 0 players

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2009, 03:25:38 pm »

The only thing that has changed for me is the drop in players. I still see a few servers with about 6 or so people in them, it's enough to play it but not nearly as much as it was the first week. I've experienced none of these valve issues so I have no idea what everyone is talking about... The only problem I see is that 3/4 of the players disappeared. There are still about 15 servers or so that show up though. Only 4 of which are populated at all and its usually a small number under 10 people.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2009, 04:12:05 pm »

I really don´t understand the problem here, I´ve always seen servers with people playing.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2009, 05:37:44 pm »

Is anybody else getting a "Disconnected because VAC servers cannot be contacted" message after trying to play for 5 minutes?

I have not made any changes to my firewall/router/whatever so the above bullshit help that Valve gives doesn't work. I even tried the "disconnect from steam friends" trick mentioned in a few threads. I am at a loss and cannot even test (play) my own fucking game...

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2009, 07:27:04 pm »

The situation you mentioned never happened to me KM, but I always play in Linux servers, if that is helpful. I play at the WN servers.

Gyshall

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2009, 07:51:12 pm »

Is anybody else getting a "Disconnected because VAC servers cannot be contacted" message after trying to play for 5 minutes?

I have not made any changes to my firewall/router/whatever so the above bullshit help that Valve gives doesn't work. I even tried the "disconnect from steam friends" trick mentioned in a few threads. I am at a loss and cannot even test (play) my own fucking game...

I'm having this issue on both my Windows machine and my dedicated Linux server.  Tried all the patches and so on, fresh install (just found out about this mod on friday :o) with the latest server, etc.  It does this even if I run the server with the -insecure switch, it's a "No steam logon" error.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up