GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 12:06:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Casual GE:S dude with some questions :)  (Read 3751 times)

asco33

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • asco33 has no influence.
Casual GE:S dude with some questions :)
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:13:01 am »

Hi there, I'm a big fan of the original game as well as of GE:S.
I check back every now and then to see whats going on and enjoy the game, just installed the game again today.

1. At the moment, there is just one server available, and its in Chicago. Does a european server exist (ping 150ms isnt too nice)??

2. How many active players are there? Last time I played (prob. 6 months ago) there were at least 25+ players online on EU or US "rush hours".

3. Is there any way to see the server's settings regarding gameplay options? Sometimes it feels like the Deutsche doesnt do any damage at all, sometimes 2 PP7 shots kill?!

4. What cmd and updaterate is preferable? I use 60/60 atm..

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob ;)

asco33

• Agent
  • asco33 has no influence.
Re: Casual GE:S dude with some questions :)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:35:24 am »

Yea  and one other thing: That WNx server has setting that wont allow anyone without the golden gun to kill anybody else in under one minute... you can aim for their head and shoot 60 bullets in it and they dont die.. SUCKS.. sorry bout that but I'm raging -.-

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 03:16:22 am »

1. There are plenty of servers (15-20 I think), make sure you don't have "show map list" checked. Otherwise it'll only show populated servers.

2. New people come every night, and there are a few regulars. However the immense popularity which immediately followed the Beta 3.0 release is gone thanks to the TF2 update Valve made which broke all the servers.

3. The D5K does a decent amount of damage. The key to Goldeneye 64/GES is to get headshots. They do 2x the damage as a chest hit and 4x a limb hit (I think). Headshots are the way to succed in this game. Those people getting 2-hit kill PP7 runs are either getting 2 headshots (100% damage) or it's License to Spam mode.

4. Whatever the default is should work fine.

Regarding your second post: the WNx servers are fine (not perfect, but very good). Get a decent gun (not the Klobb) and get some headshots.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

WNxCJL9788

• Secret Agent
  • WNxCJL9788 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 03:12:50 pm »

1. WNx also has a EU server, random gamemode, and I know there are plenty of other servers in the EU region. The Chicago server is most popular though, it's where all the action happens usually.

2. WN has over 30 active players, so there'll always be someone to frag with. Looking at the www.ges-stats.com site shows that there's plenty of people who play alot.

3. Try using shift, aim for the head and you'd be surprised at the difference. Armor doubles health remember.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 01:17:00 am »

Everyone rages at first, just give it time and learn. It's trickier than most games at first but when you get the hang of it it's great fun.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."
Pages: [1]   Go Up