GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 08:29:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One-shot-kills  (Read 4678 times)

Bassir

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bassir has no influence.
One-shot-kills
« on: November 17, 2008, 05:23:21 am »

One thing I've hated about Bond games is how people don't die fast enough. Are there any servers out there, or some way to make it so that everyone dies with just two or three bullets, like a normal person does?

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
Re: One-shot-kills
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:35:07 am »

Try LTK; people die in one hit in that gametype.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:01:21 am »

Beta 3 features LUA gameplay which a server can modify to make their own game modes. There is a command that I made that multiplies any damage received by a fixed factor, this is used in the LTK game mode in BETA 3 (not released) by setting it to 1000. A server can make a "Real Bond" game mode that sets the multiplier to 3x say to make it more realistic.

Bassir

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bassir has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 06:27:54 am »

Beta 3 features LUA gameplay which a server can modify to make their own game modes. There is a command that I made that multiplies any damage received by a fixed factor, this is used in the LTK game mode in BETA 3 (not released) by setting it to 1000. A server can make a "Real Bond" game mode that sets the multiplier to 3x say to make it more realistic.

Interesting. When can we expect Beta 3 to release?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 06:32:44 am »

Some time between now and the middle of 2009.
I could look back through announcements and discussion and think about it... nah.
Can't narrow it down more.

~Edited for typo.~
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:06:01 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 06:53:24 am »

Lets just say we are narrowing the gap from 75% ready to 100% ready on a weekly basis

We WILL NOT release a half-done product, nor will we release a buggy product. This release is going to blow the socks off the modding community

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:47:10 am »

Lets just say we are narrowing the gap from 75% ready to 100% ready on a weekly basis

We WILL NOT release a half-done product, nor will we release a buggy product. This release is going to blow the socks off the modding community

Yeah Killermonkey, that is what I like to hear. If this mod team learned one thing through their modding career, it is to not make any more buggy releases and to not rush things out. For that SOLE REASON ALONE, that is why I love you guys. :) BETA 3 FTW!!!

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 12:50:57 am »

Testing is the part of the process that closes in on the couple final stages of completion.  With the addition of the new testers, the home stretch is beginning.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:52:29 am by mbsurfer »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 01:52:20 am »

Testing is the part of the process that closes in on the couple final stages of completion.  With the addition of the new testers, the home stretch is beginning.

UNLIKE THE RED SOX@!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHh damn rays!!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: [1]   Go Up