GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:16:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BETA 3 GOLD 2/1/09 Update  (Read 40628 times)

kingkoopa

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kingkoopa has no influence.
Re: BETA 3 GOLD 2/1/09 Update
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 10:15:26 am »

One question, do i need the orange box for this or what? i only have the normal counter strike source and goldeneye..

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 10:18:06 am »

All you need is one source game (not including the free hl2dm with hardware offer). If you want to get ready for the release now, go to the tools tab of steam and launch source sdk base orange box (which will download all the files you will need from steam to run ob mods).

Then on release day all you need is the ges files. :P

Also, there is now a timer on moddb counting down to the release. Pitty its too much a pain in the ass to get it to work on the forums.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:33:43 am by Mark [lodle] »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 10:22:39 am »

One question, do i need the orange box for this or what? i only have the normal counter strike source and goldeneye..

that will be enough for playing the mod.

This is to other people tho, if you only want to play GE:S and you have no steam yet, or no source games i suggest getting this source game because its clearly cheap and you get to play our mod for free

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch $4.99
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:29:20 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 10:23:05 am »

There's also an added audio bonus on the moddb page :)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 10:24:57 am »

Bass its also in general goldeneye forums as well :P

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 10:25:48 am »

Bass its also in general goldeneye forums as well :P

Damn, you beat me to it!

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 10:33:44 am »

that will be enough for playing the mod.

This is to other people tho, if you only want to play GE:S and you have no steam yet, or no source games i suggest getting this source game because its clearly cheap and you get to play our mod for free

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch $4.99

Valve is gonna love us after we're done. Making people buy their product just to play GES, and many people have done it just to play our mod too. Crazy :)
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 10:36:04 am »

Well valve do spend alot of time and effort supporting modders and that is why they do it. More people on steam = more money for them.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 11:10:07 am »

There is always business behind good intentions.
VALVe: We provide you the tools to make mods, you make said mods and people love them, but they need to have a specific game in order to play the mods they love, so those people are going to buy those games just to play their beloved mod and we make profit out of nowhere! w00t!
(games are serious business)

trezza

• Agent
  • trezza has no influence.
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 01:40:52 pm »

Holy shit I think I'm having a heart attack! Can;t wait  :-*
when i was young i used to think there was a character named oddjaw, a combination between jaws and oddjob

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »

Valve is gonna love us after we're done. Making people buy their product just to play GES, and many people have done it just to play our mod too. Crazy :)

Yeah, GES is actually the reason I got my Steam account and all my games... I never played HL2 until 2 months after I bought it.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:30 pm »

I never played HL2 until 2 months after I bought it.

That should not be done. You realized what you did, didn't you? All that you missed?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2009, 09:27:27 pm »

lol, PK. What is wrong with that? I did the exact same thing. That is why I bought the half life holiday collection...because of goldeneye: source. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2009, 10:18:23 pm »

What is wrong with that?

Nothing man! I just happen to be a big fan of the HL series. And I said that in a light tone; didn't really mean to censor him or anything.

That is why I bought the half life holiday collection...because of goldeneye: source. :)

I guess VALVe should start writing a letter to the devs. What Sean said is already being made.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2009, 10:42:46 pm »

GE:S is the reason I got my Steam account, too. My friends always talked about Counter-Strike and I was kinda interested, but Goldeneye Source was what made me decide to buy Counter-Strike complete. Now I also own HL1, The Orange Box and Garry's mod. Very happy gamer right now. =P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up