GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:00:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_citadel WIP  (Read 19991 times)

Dechristian

• :D
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dechristian has no influence.
ge_citadel WIP
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:49:11 am »

Anyone remember Citadel. Maybe not, but it's ok this wasn't discovered after about 2001. Citadel is one of the old Multiplayer Beta maps that was left on the Goldeneye N64 game. The discovery was very exciting and was explored by lots of people. Anyway, back to GE:S, I haven't seen any screenshots or information if the GE:S is going to include this... So might as we'll make it! So i see some others made it too and posted it on the forum already so i thought i was out of luck... but anyway, I'll so it and see what people think cuase i think it looks just like the N64 version. Uhh, heres the only bad part, I didn't include the spike room, why? Because, The room was too glitchy too add, if anyone has seen the real Citadel on the N64, it had a skybox roof that was below the level so, i didn't add it. But, enough with the talk, heres some screens!

OK, so far it looks NICE :D but, I'm having some trouble with the Weapon layout, but its still a WIP. I'm going to give the map a new skybox too, the clouds need a new color and the sky needs to be more uhh greenish. Why? to make it more like Citadel. How do i know this? Look below...

This image is from http://goldeneye.detstar.com/  ... Thats were i got some of the ideas for the sky. I hope this will be as great as the other maps on GE:S :D Hope you guys like it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:52:05 am by Dechristian »

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:45:52 am by The SSL »
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Dechristian

• Agent
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:46:27 am by The SSL »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: ge_citadel WIP
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 05:38:55 am »

Frenfam4life, you might have missed the line where he said:
So i see some others made it too and posted it on the forum already so i thought i was out of luck... but anyway, I'll so it and see what people think cuase i think it looks just like the N64 version.
Maybe you can say he is making Citadel Classic? On a side note though, has anyone made a rework of Citadel where it is fun to play?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 06:33:54 am »

If you're trying to make it looks like the N64 version, I would recommend purposely misaligning your textures and adding holes showing the skybox too give the map that awesome unfinished-looking-but-still-an-awesome-map feeling. That's partly why the Citadel (Hacked version) remains my favorite multi map in GE64. What's great about this is that many of the textures are already made into the mod, they just need to be applied, rotated, and scaled to match that of the original Citadel's textures. As for the weapon layout, I would recommend taking a look at Zoinkey's Citadel (The version made to be played on the N64 via a patch with the Goldeneye Setup Editor), as the weapon layout there is very well balanced (even if Beta 1.x's guns aren't).

Oh, and to make the ramps look completely 2D(As they appeared on the N64), you may want to try taking the already thin ramps you have, and nodraw the sides.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 06:38:29 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 07:09:22 am »

That looks great. I fully support the making of this map. Do what The SSL said and it will be awesome. The versions that are currently available really don't feel like Citadel at all.

Dechristian

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 09:51:56 am »

Sure no problem, i was thinking i should make the textures and stuff like that too, but then i thought everyone whouldn't like that :P

Dechristian

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 09:59:31 am »

Oh yeah, i forgot to say but the map is going to have the following:
-Cradle music (classic)
-Custom skybox
-Weapon spawns
-HDR

And maybe some other stuff that i decide to add!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 12:40:50 pm »

just be sure to name it not like ge_citadel or ge_citadel_classic, in case there will ever be official versions.
Try something else e.g. adding your name to it.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 06:19:16 pm »

Here's a screenshot of what I meant.

As you can see, everything in Citadel is on a weird angle (tricky to do in Hammer), and as for those plain grey walls, you may want to make your own custom texture, with the properties of concrete (That's how the texture is in the N64 Citadel). Also, there's a tile texture on the floor, but it's stretched way past where it should be stretched. Also, in many places, there are holes in the floor where you can see the skybox peeking in through the bottom of the map.

Of course, it's all your choice in the end, I'm just trying to offer some suggestions.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 07:29:57 pm »

are you seriouse about that?
why bringing glitches like that in a map?
It's one thing to keep it classic, but if you wanna have the ugly shitty glitchy look, play the original on emulator.
Hey, if i still had my old 6600GT, i would give it to you, so you could enjoy graphic glitches on every map. ;)

I think the map like it is on N64 just looks like that becourse it's not an finished one, i absolutly see no reason for making a map with glitches such as the ones in your pics.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 07:45:13 pm »

Hey mappers, remember your crummy first 'complete' map?

How would you feel if a half-dozen competent mappers started trying to recerate your nooby crap to exacting detail?

That's what I thought.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 08:22:49 pm »

Sure no problem, i was thinking i should make the textures and stuff like that too, but then i thought everyone whouldn't like that :P

On second thought, maybe it would be better off without the graphic glitches. Right now it looks close enough to Citadel. Adding the graphic glitches would just make it ugly and un-enjoyable.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:26:00 pm by Storm101 »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 08:38:25 pm »

Hey mappers, remember your crummy first 'complete' map?

How would you feel if a half-dozen competent mappers started trying to recerate your nooby crap to exacting detail?

That's what I thought.

...And that's your 1000th post. :)

And agreed. Though the idea of having the look and feel of the Citadel sans glitching and other problems is awesome.

Heh, that image is my Steam ID pic. ::)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:48:55 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 09:13:27 pm »

Not really; I had a couple kiloposts before the forum exploded.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up