GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 02:46:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii Update  (Read 32218 times)

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
Goldeneye Wii Update
« on: June 04, 2010, 11:02:41 pm »

I saw this on the MI6 website today. It has some cool cover art and a short update on the status of the game. It sounds like it's actually coming out. I'll let you guys read about it. It definitely has my interest.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/gaming_activision_ge_rumours.php3?t=&s=&id=02579
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:06:15 pm by rdcarden2006 »

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
Re: Goldeneye Wii Update
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:17:04 pm »

There has been multiple rumors about a Goldeneye remake. Personally, I think the rights to the franchise and the game being split between Nintendo, Rare, Activision, MGM Interactive and Microsoft (who owns Rare) make it unlikely that a straight remake will be made. Most of the recent rumors have been attributed to a possible sequel to Goldeneye: Rogue Agent which is completely unrelated to the original Goldeneye 64.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 09:57:35 am »

Developed from the ground up for the Wii, GoldenEye takes advantage of the latest technology to deliver the same intense experience with today's graphics and physics.
This sentence made me laught so hard.
Wii isn't exactly the right plattform for today's graphics.

Play a modernized version of the classic story with the new Bond (Daniel Craig)
EPIC FAIL. What's the point to use an actor which was not in the movie and also is disliked by a lot of Goldeneye and Bond fans.

Relive all the legendary moments from the original fame; St Petersburg, the Caribbean and numerous other levels. Leverage the classic arsenal of weapons and gadgets as you fight Onatopp, Trevelyan and their adversaries, from the classic PP7 to the high tech assault rifle, sniper files and even the tank. The enhanced multiplayer experience offers 4 player split-screen like the original and introduces 8 player online matches. GoldenEye is 13 years better, are you?
Let's see if they can put together something good, but my guess it'll be another CoD-like Game which is using the name Goldeneye to sell some more copies.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 01:12:20 pm »

They're developing a groundbreaking remake of an all-time classic on an obsolete platform. Hats off to those idiots.

It'll obviously be a Wii exclusive, which is why it will suck beyond recognition.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

kraid

• Game Artist
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 03:53:41 pm »

I guess it's Wii exclusive because Nintendo still owns the Goldeneye Game licence while Rare only owns the rights of the content they created for GE64.

Since Activision is going to create a new Goldeneye 'from scratch' there shouldn't be any licence issues with Rare/M$.

They're developing a groundbreaking remake of an all-time classic on an obsolete platform. Hats off to those idiots.

It'll obviously be a Wii exclusive, which is why it will suck beyond recognition.

It'll suck only because it's on Wii, which is an obsolete platform for you?

IMO if a game sux, it's because the developers did a half arsed job because of a lack of time, money and/or skill, not because it's on a less powerfull hardware.

In fact you're able to create absolutly amazing games even on a 16bit Hardware and also the worst trash on NextGen machines.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 07:02:48 pm »

It has the potential to suck for a multitude of reasons. It being on the Wii simply ensures that it sucks regardless of how good it could ever be. I won't jump to conclusions on how bad I expect the game itself will be, but I can make judgements about it based on the platform.

All consoles are destined for obsolescence, and more than any of the current generation of consoles the Wii is on its last legs, inferior in every respect to its competitors. The next generation is fast on its way. Now, believe me, I couldn't give two flying dogshits about consoles these days. The last one I had was an N64.

I'm fully expecting any potential good experience that could be had with this game will be tarnished by gimmicky Wiitarded motion control and poor graphics as a result of the platform it is forcibly restricted to. There's a good chance it will just be a semi-rail shooter.

Anyway, I wasn't saying that inferior hardware makes a game bad. The Wii just sucks, end of story.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 07:42:39 pm »

Interesting that companies like Sony are following suit if the motion control concept is a "gimmick".
Unnecessary and overkill Wii hate.

However, I would much rather have the option of plugging my N64 controller into it. I can't aim worth a shit in PD`` on my Xbox...
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 11:08:28 pm »

Sorry,  i call BS when they say 8 player online for Wii.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

kraid

• Game Artist
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 07:42:52 am »

Quote from: Mangley
It being on the Wii simply ensures that it sucks regardless of how good it could ever be.
Absolutly brilliant logic ;)

I don't think consoles are obsolete or inferior.
Consoles are becoming more and more important in the gaming market while the importance of the computer as a gaming platform decrases.
Reasons might be expensive hardware which has to be upgraded every once in a while (2 years or so) to play the new games, while a console will be bought once and have at least a 5 year lifecycle.
Also the PC is more complicated to handle (driver and software updates, installing the games, ...) and the compatibility isn't always great.
Piracy is also a very big issue not only but especially on PC, but also all the copy protection stuff of today's PC software which is a result of the war against this piracy.

Ofc. there are also advantages of PC gaming like the mod scene which wouldn't be possible like that on a console or the freedome you have with creating your own server and many more things.

So i have to say it's like with every other thing in life, it has advantages and disadvantages.
You can either choose to select one platform which offers the most advantages for you and accept the disadvantages (and miss out a few great games) or stay open minded and have fun with games no matter on which Hardware.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 06:41:43 pm »

I think most of us started with consoles...

They will always have a problem when competing with PC hardware.  But what the console has lost was the multiplayer..  as in the having your friends beside you playing goldeneye..  they was so important to consoles.  Now its just a PC you hook to your computer and lose any form of decent control over.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 08:06:31 pm »

+1 just for Snafu.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 10:30:19 pm »

still have it, and it works.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:25 pm »

Mangley, your Wii hate is unwarranted and frankly if you don't own one you really can't talk smack about it. In fact, the only thing I hate about the Wii is that it doesn't have an HDMI output port so I have to buy a converter box to set it up on my receiver... I play the Wii on my 92" projection screen in stunning 480p and I must say it looks great, of course there are pixel blocks and blurring but honestly that doesn't make a game bad. In fact, I think it strengthens the games on the Wii since the developers can't rely on the hardware to make their game **LOOK** awesome they have to actually make an awesome game.

I own a Wii because it has games that will NEVER EVER EVER come out on the PC. Period. If you own any other console and a gaming computer you are an idiot. Also, Wii games are usually cheaper ($10-$15) than any other console.

But what the console has lost was the multiplayer..  as in the having your friends beside you playing goldeneye..  they was so important to consoles.

This is where the Wii _STILL_ shines. Lemme list the games I have played with my friends in crazy 4-person mayhem: Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports.

None of those games are available anywhere else and they all are amazing. Seriously, quit hating on the graphics that does not, and will NEVER, make a game GREAT.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »

I suppose I was a bit out of line, my apologies. I didn't intend for it to come across as venomous as it did.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 01:55:00 pm »

This is where the Wii _STILL_ shines. Lemme list the games I have played with my friends in crazy 4-person mayhem: Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, New Super Mario Brothers, Wii Sports.

Ya, I haz all those.  What I meant was that the quantity has dwindled.

Also digg thread about the GE topic is first page.  Already 2 peeps that swear by us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up