GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:33:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intro video  (Read 2822 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Intro video
« on: February 22, 2010, 10:04:40 pm »

As you know The intro vid is a little large so gets cut off when using low res or when the game is first started after  install.  So I did something about it.  Its 1024x768 which seems to be the default for my system does anyone elses system start in up lower res than that when they use -autoconfig? 
http://rapidshare.com/files/354405018/ges_intro.bik

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Intro video
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:25:54 pm »

Had the same thing. What did you do, scale down the video and add letterboxing?

I think it's just because the video was made for 16:9 and we use 4:3. Thanks for making this though, I'll try it out. Just hope the quality isn't mauled.

To be honest everybody should be using 16:9 nower days, but in reality the majority of people still have 4:3 monitors.

Edit: Good job, the quality is fine. Too bad it doesn't match the menu background at the end. So there's a tradeoff.. either the text at the beginning is cut off, or the end of the video doesn't match when it switches to the menu.

Hmm..
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:31:41 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:13:21 am »

I made one without the borders but it looked crap, the GES logo and gun barrel in the vid didnt look round due to being squasehd to fit a 4:3 aspect.

If you use a 16:10 aspect and 1680x1050 like me the original video doesnt match up either. Same if you use 16:9 @ 1920x1080.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 12:24:20 am by keefy »

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 01:31:42 am »

Of course.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 02:27:52 am »

I made the video at 1280x720, but I can render a replacement video for 4:3 with letterboxing that can be included if people want to have an official version to switch to themselves. Unfortunately while Valve made it possible to have menu backgrounds for different aspect ratios which it will switch to automatically, they cut corners as usual and didn't extend this support to their .bik player.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:52:17 am »

With the same letterboxing on the background as the 4:3 video it should look as seamless as the full one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up