GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:03:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Movement of the characters or players  (Read 17740 times)

TurokTalset007

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • TurokTalset007 has no influence.
Movement of the characters or players
« on: November 28, 2018, 09:29:31 pm »

I would love if they change movement like was in the Goldeneye N64 the character runs and strafe with more flow and like "The matrix" style lol

Captain George

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Captain George has no influence.
Re: Movement of the characters or players
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 09:42:25 pm »

I would love if they change movement like was in the Goldeneye N64 the character runs and strafe with more flow and like "The matrix" style lol

Not to sound rude, I have no idea what you just said.

Shemp Howard

• it's Shemp!
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.Shemp Howard has a powerful will.
    • Twitch and youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 01:24:41 am »

there is a matrix mod on StarFleet Command 1984's server where at points it slows down gameplay and its cool as fuck XD
eebeebeebee

TurokTalset007

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 05:38:39 pm »

XD sounds cool :) but is the way characters moves ,they look ah little weird ,and in Goldeneye N64 characters moves with flow and they look like The matrix characters or cowboy shooter when run that's what I'm saying 😛 and I would love if they change the movement to that

Romain

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Romain has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 11:49:13 am »

XD sounds cool :) but is the way characters moves ,they look ah little weird ,and probiotics for men are definitely worth it in Goldeneye N64 characters moves with flow and they look like The matrix characters or cowboy shooter when run that's what I'm saying 😛 and I would love if they change the movement to that

I'm a fan of the N64 character movement too. I've noticed that I like movement the best when it's not too realistic, but not too whacky either. Some games get it right.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 02:23:11 pm by Romain »

TurokTalset007

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 01:15:57 pm »

Yeah there just to fast when you move diagonaly and I love it cuz the characters looks cool when strafe

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 10:29:19 pm »

I get what you're saying; in GE64 there was a very unique "look and feel" to how the characters ran at a strafe, that was in part due to the original team's inexperience at designing an FPS, and in part to the limitations of the time - but combined made a product that was certainly unique to GoldenEye 007 and made it instantly identifiable.

I'm all for *some* elements of that being in GE:S, however, more fluid / realistic character movement is a compromise - and improvement - that gives the mod more credibility; with the updated textures, remade maps and guns, etc., trying to duplicate the original N64's movement would just make it look silly and out of place today, as nostalgic as it might be to do so. It's one of those things that were unique to the original but don't really translate to today - maybe a little of it could be worked in, but going too far would just bring down the mod's quality.

TurokTalset007

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 01:40:16 am »

Yeah ,it would be good if they add weapons sway in source to make aim even more harder and that's = more competitive

And it would be awesome if they put to ,the timing when you get hit/damage that is the opponent as a RCP90 and hit you and them he keep firing you he as to wait one second to hit another bar ,and when you have at least 3 bars left the timing increase 1.5 or 2 second to hit it

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 03:40:54 am »

Just because something is harder doesn't make it more competitive. It'd be more random and less reliable, which is the exact oposite of what competitive is supposed to be. Weapon sway would be a cool visual thing, but shouldn't affect gameplay. In GoldenEye 64 when played with mouse it's barely noticeable when it comes to shooting so I don't really see how it'd be harder.

Invulnerability time was removed in GoldenEye: Source with the release of 5.0. Trust me, you don't want it back. It's just a leftover mechanic from singleplayer that got into multiplayer because it was a rushed mode for the N64. It doesn't work fine in practice.

Also, GE:S already has strafe running which gives you an speed boost, so what are you asking for exactly?

TurokTalset007

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 05:48:20 pm »

The invulnerability it just make the combat with the opponent more fun ,and the speed the characters as in N64 have  for me its balance for 4 player but I get what you are saying ,invulnerability may not work because the lag and there s to much players and as more chance to another players thif your kill

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!Graslu is awe-inspiring!
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 12:38:51 am »

Well what I'm saying is that the invulnerability is literally just there by "mistake" on multiplayer. It works on paper but in reality it was flawed outside singleplayer, it's not a reason of lag or anything like that. The speed while strafing is pretty much the same as it is on N64 already, but you can lose momentum way easier here to balance it.

TurokTalset007

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 02:36:43 am »

Mmm I really do not know that but if say it :)
It just that I think that invulnerability is for players as chance to strafe and dodge bullets before hit you  I love it because  make the battle/duel long Ej: 1 v 1 with pistols and 2 players as full health ,osea like esos 2 tipos se daran unos pal de tiros un rato 😂 and I really like speed of source it really is the same as N64 but some times feels slow I don't know :/

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 03:34:52 am »

Well, you're not dodging bullets if they're hitting you and deal no damage... If it feels slow you may just be doing hard turns so the speed resets.

TurokTalset007

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 02:43:27 pm »

Is like when they hit you ,you have 1.5 second a chance to dodge his bullets or escape from his aim ,the other thing that as invulnerability is that if your opponents as RC-P90 and they hit you ,you escape fast from his aim and if you hit him when he keep fire full 80 ammo there fire cancel for 1.5 second to.

Thats why I like it :)

Yeah es la costumbre de jugar mucho N64 o perfect dark remastered en xbox one que casi los otros juegos los siento lento

Graslu

• You can't win.
  • Tester
  • Secret Agent
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 05:19:59 pm »

Thing is, it's not about having a chance to dodge. His aim ISN'T failing on hitting you, so it's bad design if their bullets magically deal no damage to you just so you can "escape". If their aim is good, and they hit you, they should deal damage.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up