GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:33:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaling in Hammer  (Read 7334 times)

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
Scaling in Hammer
« on: January 16, 2012, 05:13:11 pm »

Hey guys. I hope I'm not bothering you with my Hammer questions. Anyway here it is. In hammer, when I look in the camera view, the map looks perfect, but when I run it, it is too small. I do not own Half Life 2 so I run my maps with Team Fortress 2. Could it be that the TF2 characters are bigger than the HL2 ones ? If not, I'd really like to know what could be the cause.
Currently in Progress : ge_mi6 hq

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Scaling in Hammer
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 05:24:27 pm »

Yes TF2 characters are larger.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:13:29 pm »

Should run around in your maps with GE:S...
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
  • Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.Boris_Crack is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:49:39 pm »

Should run around in your maps with GE:S...
I'd love to but I can't select GES in the Hammer Editor...

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:49:55 pm »

Yes TF2 characters are larger.

Ok thanks.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 11:28:05 pm »

So how do I open my map in Goldeneye Source ?? When I open up Source SDK, I can only choose TF2 because that's the only source game I have.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:59 am »

You need to follow this.

Then launch your SDK and set the engine version to 2007.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 04:59:43 pm »

You need to follow this.

Then launch your SDK and set the engine version to 2007.

Thank you really much!

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:24:47 pm »

Now my only problem is that GES ignores my info_player_start entity. When I try to run the map, it says "Failed to find ANY valid player spawn points on the map!"

I'm really sorry if I ask a lot of questions, but I'm a starter.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 12:36:53 am »

Now my only problem is that GES ignores my info_player_start entity. When I try to run the map, it says "Failed to find ANY valid player spawn points on the map!"

I'm really sorry if I ask a lot of questions, but I'm a starter.

I would really need an answer as soon as possible. Please.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:51:35 am »

You need to place about 6 player_deathmatch, 6 player_mi6, 6 player_janus and one player_spectator for it to work.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:24:50 am »

You need to place about 6 player_deathmatch, 6 player_mi6, 6 player_janus and one player_spectator for it to work.
I tried placing 1 player start, 1 Janus start, 1 MI6 start and 1 Spectator start and it worked. But when I select a character and I spawn, it's exactly like spectator mode. I have no guns and I just float through things. Why is it like that ?

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 04:10:41 pm »

We don't use info_player_start that is used by Half Life 2 for single player.

We use info_player_deathmatch for player spawns. This is why you're having problems.

http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php/Entities

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 11:41:32 pm »

We don't use info_player_start that is used by Half Life 2 for single player.

We use info_player_deathmatch for player spawns. This is why you're having problems.

http://wiki.geshl2.com/index.php/Entities

Thank you for your answer. I will, soon, upload pictures OR a video of my map to show you guys, if you want, how my project is going. And you might realise that I'm pretty serious about this project and be willing to help me out. Anyway thanks.

Boris_Crack

• Secret Agent
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 05:32:21 am »

Oh and by the way, I'm having some trouble with my walls. I'm a precision freak so I'm starting to have a lot of shapes in my map and it's really slowing down the compiling. So my walls are a repeating patern. At "Snap:On Grid:32", one square equals one piece of wall, the room is 14 by 18 squares and each pieces of walls has eleven shapes in it(to create the relief). So that's aproximatly 400 shapes. Like I said earlier, this is really slowing down the compiling. Is there a way of grouping those 11 shapes into 1 so that Hammer sees it as only 1 object ?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up