Global Communications > Development Media

SSL's Blog #2: ge_library

(1/16) > >>

Jonathon [SSL]:
So I've been taking quite a long break from mapping recently, mostly due to the fact that I ran out of steam for design ideas for Library (The Basement/Stack combo) and quite honestly I'm not really satisfied on how Basement turned out and where Stack's headed.

So I'm asking the entire community: what is your opinion on the currently released ge_basement? What do you like, what do you not like? What would you like to see added, removed, changed, or how could I add more beneficial detail to the map?

MSPainted screenshots pointing to things to be changed would be greatly appreciated.

Basement is in the current build (and it hasn't been touched since then) and here's some previously unreleased screenshots of Stack:

Images Temporarily Removed

Any and all opinions on either map are greatly appreciated, and all ideas will get the map closer to completion and release!

arturok1992:
Thats a fucking sexy map ;).

Storm101:
I quite like Basement. Definitely the most underrated GES map. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing Half-Life 2, though. Maybe make the lighting a little brighter and more colorful?

Stack looks awesome! I like the direction you're heading with it. It looks nice and fresh. Keep it up.

namajnaG:
I really like basement, But not enough players are playing it. In my opinion, Its fine to me the way it currently is.
And dang! Stack looks great.
I no-clipped through basement to look at an unfinished version of stack, The main rooms looked finished to me, Just needed lights, But this update just kills it.
I especially love the first screenshot.

Rick Astley:
So I'm asking the entire community: what is your opinion on the currently released ge_basement? What do you like, what do you not like? What would you like to see added, removed, changed, or how could I add more beneficial detail to the map?

-Well i think that ge_basement is rather cool, dark and gloomy very underrated- i only played the map once- alot of vents lead to camping though...would love to see a couple of more easter eggs (but i always say that about all the maps :) but its a really good map maybe better lighting?

for your Stack images - i would love to see the nericnomicon from Evil Dead among the books
http://coolmasks.co.uk/images/ta426.jpg (for Refrence)

but from what i see i think your Stack looks great- beautiful scenery, also reminds me about the libary from Batman Arkham Aslyum (only without Joker Posters)

Good Work :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version