GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:55:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Application: PR Writer  (Read 11115 times)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Application: PR Writer
« on: January 22, 2012, 02:39:37 am »

Dear GoldenEye: Source Developers, Team Members and Players,

I am interested in joining the team to write Public Relation pieces for GoldenEye: Source announcements and news.

If you haven’t had the chance to meet me before, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Emily or as everyone calls me, Emilia. I have been playing GoldenEye: Source for approximately 3 years, since the release of Beta 3. I am the leader of the clan/community Spectrum, where run my own forum and with the help of MaJoR, help to manage the Spectrum GoldenEye Server. I am an active member of the GES community. Having my own server, I am lucky enough to meet new GES players frequently, and I enjoy welcoming them to our community. 

I have had my first taste of working with the team about a month ago. I was given the opportunity to beta test the recent community maps Siberia and Grid, just before they were released. Additionally, whilst I did not write the latest community PR announcement, I helped to do the final editing of the piece, which, with my contribution, I improved the readability and flow of the writing.

Now, I understand that it is important that an applicant provide examples of their work to be considered joining the team. I can openly say that I have no pieces of work that I can show to you that would reflect the duties of a PR, but last year, my university course required me to write a journal article with two other people, in which we received strong marks. Through this experience alone, I understand the importance of deadlines and the ability to work with a team of people to produce a piece of writing.

I believe that my experience with the mod, my involvement in the community and my strong dedication to GoldenEye: Source is of strong importance when it comes to writing a piece for the community. At the end of the day, you have to understand what you are writing about and be able to work with others that will produce a piece of writing that will be accepted by the community.

Thank you,

Emily

emily.lloyd@live.com.au
spectrum-forum@niceboard.org
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:41:35 am by Emilia »
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Application: PR Writer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:07:26 am »

We really need help breaking into new markets. There are plenty of people that haven't yet heard of or properly played our mod. I think your help in this area would be very beneficial to us.

We need well written periodicals to be released to news outlets and blogs. Well presented images and gameplay descriptions are also important and missing.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 04:24:07 am »

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to use Photoshop or anything like that.

The writing I could do though.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:37:49 am »

Can vouch for the work on update, as well as the community help and in-game work.

+1 here.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 03:20:54 pm »

I bumped you to trial member, Major will be handing out a good test of your abilities. Please make a post in the trial members board.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »

Thank you KM.

:)

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 04:00:48 pm »

Can vouch for the work on update, and in-game work.
+1 here.
I also vouch for this as well, even if it's a non-issue at this point.
She's a hell of an editor at the very least.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 04:16:20 pm »

Just one question, do you know what a scanner is?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 05:15:50 pm »

LOL!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »

haha! but good choice, congrats emilia.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Emilia

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:24:03 am »

I am no idea what a scanner is. I don't like my chances now!

Just kidding. Thank you for the kind words.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up