GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:24:15 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 100205: Goldfinger, First Draft  (Read 30548 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: VC's Laboratory 100205: Goldfinger, First Draft
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2010, 03:42:55 pm »

I don't think there's anything wrong with VC's first draft as it stands, since it's a first draft. You can never tell if things will work or be fun or not until you test them.

My feedback was really just suggestions and ideas. I don't care if any of them are implemented or not, but ideas will give more room for exploration and expanding on the concept. Take it from being MWGG with a different scoring system to being something totally unique in its own right.

Here's a good analogy: I'm not saying your baby is ugly, I'm just saying it might look better with a hat on.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 04:26:16 pm »

The feedback people are saying, those people are expecting VC to agree and insert those changes/ideas ; Wether he likes it or not, because theve convinced themselves the concept is flawed without their wisdom.
Does it look like I have "I'm a ges dev" in my signature? This is a discussion. We discuss ideas. We present our thoughts and whatever the devs do with it is up to them.

Thus far nothing bad has come out of the dev department. Everything is just epic and that creates expectations (which is not the same as demands). The few who closely follow and play the mod love GoldenEye and so people feel compelled to point what they think might improve certain things and the fans, me included, will point out what is in their opinion not total perfection.

The more epic you perform, the tinier the details will be criticised.

I was just trying to calm down and show that it was not my intention to correct VC, but just present my thought which he could think about if he likes, and implement it or not. I am not saying that 'if it doesn't go the way I want it', it will suck. I was just trying to convince VC to considder other peoples thinking. I am not expecting/demanding that he will and I am also not trying to say that if he doesn't do it, the mode will suck, or be worse of....

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 04:30:24 pm »

First Draft...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 10:20:31 pm »

Ya'll be gettin' too fired up.

I just wanted to make a note somewhere that I can't lose it.  As far as feedback I was mostly hoping for a yea/nay on the concept of a token collection competition, since that is a game mechanic that few FPS games have.  The only thing similar that I can think of is one of the later Bond games had something where your goal was to assemble the golden gun from its component parts.

My latter comment is mostly to address the fact that the discussion was a cycle of state an unfounded potential problem, pull a broken 'solution' out of a hat, then try to add something that 'sounds cool' and creates a new unfounded potential problem.  That's how Perfect Dark happened.

But there is some good thoughts in here.  I hadn't given any serious consideration to the ammo situation for the AuG.  Too much might threaten to create a Golden Gun Arena situation that makes the other guns mostly ignored.  Too little might make the weapon not worth using except for sniping/counter-sniping other gold holders.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:22:45 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 04:14:37 pm »

Okey partial yay then :P

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 01:09:09 am »

Can you change the Gold Bars to Rings, and Bond to Sonic?
while your at it make the klobb a gold club hahahaha :) not really
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:23:10 am by little 00 »

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up