GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:28:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic Weapon Skins pack  (Read 16998 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Classic Weapon Skins pack
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 08:26:57 pm »

I finished the Cougar Magnum's environment mask today. I've actually made no adjustments to the weapon's texture itself, and instead only changed the material properties and added an environment mask.

As you can probably tell, I've gone for the 'highly polished' look that I felt the original Cougar Magnum had as it's more of a trophy weapon rather than some grubby revolver left in a drawer.

Where you'll really notice the difference are in those high-contrast areas of the map where the reflections on the metal parts will really 'pop', which I personally find very visually pleasing. There are also some very subtle reflections on the wooden handle aswell to give it that polished wood appearence but it isn't too obvious like in the WIP images.

Screenshots: 1, 2, 3

:)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 10:59:23 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 01:20:07 am »

As you can probably tell, I've gone for the 'highly polished' look that I felt the original Cougar Magnum had as it's more of a trophy weapon rather than some grubby revolver left in a drawer.

I agree with the polished approach; GE007's magnum was always shiny.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 08:53:37 pm »

As most of you probably don't know, today is international shotgun day...  ::)

Which means I did a hell of a lot on the Auto Shotgun, re-recoloured all of the metal parts and shotgun shells and made a lot of adjustments to the wood, and now it's in a near-complete state. I even took it further and created an envmask for reflections which I wasn't originally planning to do, but it definitely looks nicer with it.

Click if you love shotguns.

I could use some feedback on this one. What do you guys think?

If these get looking real good i will definitely personally include them in Beta 4 w/ your permission

You absolutely have my permission if you wish to use any part of any of these in Beta 4 by the way.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 11:59:12 am »

I could use some feedback on this one. What do you guys think?

What I am thinking ? Mangley, you´re my man.  ;) really great work
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2009, 02:27:07 am »

1. Take a good look at the N64 versions.
2. Remake them.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 03:23:35 pm »

@Mangley

Can you do that with the golden gun, too ? everytime I play goldeneye source I think that the gg have to look more precious..like a million dollar weapon
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:25:07 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 04:02:00 pm »

I like my Automatic Shotgun to be dark and brooding, but I don't like it to sparkle in sunlight.  Capisce?

Golden Gun is supposed to look like a gilded pen, lighter, cigarette case, and cufflink.  So no one will notice when you bring it to the party.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 05:39:56 pm »

I may not continue with this.. Since we're yet to see how the weapons will all look in Beta 4. The new look of the DD44 puts my reskin to shame, and I'm expecting other weapons will follow suit.

I'm not a texture artist, and for now this is on hold, possibly indefinitely. The map I'm working on has priority.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »

I still think it'd be cool for a community member to make pristine skins of a lot of our weapons, and nostalgia trips focusing on making them look super new and shiny. Most of our official skins will be 'dirty' and 'worn' and focus on having 'scratches' to give it a detailed feel.

Me personally, I'd love to have these shiny guns from time to time. I'd alternate the "community" and official packs.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up