GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:00:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Environment / Prop Artist  (Read 11161 times)

DEADLETTER

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DEADLETTER has no influence.
Environment / Prop Artist
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:39:58 am »

Hi, I've been looking for a group to join up with to help out with for some time. Found about this and think it's the best thing I've seen in some time.

I've had at least 3 years of modelling now finished at the AIE (http://www.aie.edu.au/) Worked on two small games within my time their and all and atm have been looking for a group to model with to expand on my skills and all :)

Right now I'm just wondering if you guys are still looking for people? if so once I get my comp fixed ( four more days to go ><) I can post up some stuff..it's not the greatest in the world but I hope it would be enough to let me help out and to well get better.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
Re: Environment / Prop Artist
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:59:33 pm »

We are always looking for talent. Show us what you got.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

DEADLETTER

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:15:54 am »

sweet, well I'll try to put some stuff up in the next few days ^^ found something I did awhile back the textures were not on my external HD :P so excuse the lack of textures ^^

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/screenjga.jpg/

Maxaxle

• ge_paintball 1
  • Secret Agent
  • Maxaxle has no influence.
    • My site
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:31:50 am »

Worked on two small games
Make yourself look better: tell us what games.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 06:29:24 am »

best thing you can do is get a photobucket account, and give us a presentation of your skills.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 06:30:52 am »

haha this has already made you look horrible my man. I hope your work pursuades us

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

DEADLETTER

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 11:47:05 am »

sorry all :P I didn't intend for this to happen  :angel: I had caught the flu and finally able to be active.

Well to answer the games question first of all I've worked on two games for an assignment the first was a side shooter, between two teams and the goal was to shoot snot at each side :P

And the other was a "battle Bits" which was a FPS type thing and again an assignment. Will attempt some renders or something hopefully just need to talk to a mate of mine that has the original files annoyingly none will open for me on my system due to 64bitness.

I will have some renders up tomorrow straight after work.

"SharpSh00tah-"

Don't be mean now your worrying me :P I'm still pretty new at all this and just really want to learn more and become allot better than what I'm at currently.

Again sorrryyyyyyy  :'(

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 03:28:32 pm »

Na, i really don't judge until I see work. Make sure you just learn from your mistakes, for example, the next time you apply, just have all your images and sources readily available. So, I am just still waiting :p

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 05:46:05 am »

biggest thing to learn from this is that its important to present yourself in a professional and mature manner.
even though we are just a mod, a large amount of the team are working professionals, and a lot of current and former team mates currently work in the video game industry. we like to sort of give people a bit of a taste of what it can be like to look for an actual gig in the biz, cause to get a gig at a real studio is frigan cut throat, and simple things like not having a portfolio to present will pretty much get you laughed out of the bizness
Fonfa
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

DEADLETTER

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 09:54:48 am »

biggest thing to learn from this is that its important to present yourself in a professional and mature manner.
even though we are just a mod, a large amount of the team are working professionals, and a lot of current and former team mates currently work in the video game industry. we like to sort of give people a bit of a taste of what it can be like to look for an actual gig in the biz, cause to get a gig at a real studio is frigan cut throat, and simple things like not having a portfolio to present will pretty much get you laughed out of the bizness

I heard about how harsh it can be, new a guy who worked at 2k Aus and the lady that handles all the employments is fondly referred to as the bitch queen, well from that I think I'm gonna have to get my game together a bit.

DEADLETTER

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 10:22:02 am »

Na, i really don't judge until I see work. Make sure you just learn from your mistakes, for example, the next time you apply, just have all your images and sources readily available. So, I am just still waiting :p

Well thats good to know, and if I can't join now I'll make damn certain that I try again and that time be more impressive =D

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 03:46:28 pm »

Not bad. I think we can give him a trial. Those models need some texture work though.
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 04:37:18 am »

you REALLY need to work on your presentation skills.

take a look at the other artists who have applied and got trials for how they presented themselves. your over looking simple things like showing wire frames, and having clear easy to understand shots of what you have made. describe to us things like poly couts etc. etc.

because right now the way your presenting things is sort of like "meh... what ever i threw this together" and as a result I'm kinda thinking "meh what ever"

take some serious time to really handle this right, there's no major rush. your done with school so its a good idea to really handle this the best way you can.

I have a feeling you have better models, and screen shots of better work get stuff together.
Fonfa

SLX - bring condoms

DEADLETTER

• Agent
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 10:14:47 am »

okey then, I'll make some new renders.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 10:43:51 am »

take some new renders, and re-apply in a new thread. Remember to keep things professional

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 12:54:24 pm »

DITCH IMAGE SHACK! You should be able to give us ONE maybe TWO links to a photo album on Photobucket, Flickr, Whatever instead of a plethora of links to a website that is plagued with ads and popups.

Also, you HAVE TO give a description of what we are viewing before you give a link to it. Tell me why you modeled, what you modeled it for, what program you used, the challenges you overcame to make it look good, what is so interesting about your model.

I hate to say it, but when you just throw up a bunch of renders it makes me instantly think (really loudly in my head): "HE IS POSTING SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK!" That is because you didn't take ownership and pride in what you posted, hence my feeling.

DEADLETTER

• Agent
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 10:48:06 pm »

DITCH IMAGE SHACK! You should be able to give us ONE maybe TWO links to a photo album on Photobucket, Flickr, Whatever instead of a plethora of links to a website that is plagued with ads and popups.

Also, you HAVE TO give a description of what we are viewing before you give a link to it. Tell me why you modeled, what you modeled it for, what program you used, the challenges you overcame to make it look good, what is so interesting about your model.

I hate to say it, but when you just throw up a bunch of renders it makes me instantly think (really loudly in my head): "HE IS POSTING SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK!" That is because you didn't take ownership and pride in what you posted, hence my feeling.

Thanks for the advice :) I'll be back with this all sorted out, never used photobucket before will have a look at it.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 06:40:40 am »

thats actually a really good point. i personally don't think that...guess I'm to trusting haha but yea a LOT of people will.

if after GES your looking to get a job in video games you MUST MUST MUST have a website or you will instantly be looked over. now could be a good time to practice that and get free feedback. take a look around on the web at places like Zbrush central at the guys who have made the front page. look at their websites and try to sort of mimic their presentations and organization for your own. but you really only need to do this if your looking for a job, for us a photobucket account is fine.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:43:24 am by Jonathan [Spider] »
Fonfa

SLX - bring condoms
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up