GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:28:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90426  (Read 6443 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 90426
« on: April 26, 2009, 07:48:33 pm »

In preparation for Beta 4's first test coming within the next 48 hours, I did some stuff.  Here's the poop:
Quote from: changelog
Many weapons receive a tiny accuracy tweak.
All explosives: Set damage radius to Goldeneye standard, standardized damage amount for testing purposes.
Grenade Launcher: Established rate of fire. Established damage radius.
Automatic Shotgun: Increased accuracy when sighted. Accuracy penalty when spammed.
Rocksalt Shotgun: Accuracy penalty when spammed.
Klobb: Power increased from 30 to 38. Increased accuracy. Accuracy penalty when spammed.
Golden Gun: Increased accuracy when unsighted to attempt to reduce apparent "no-reg" incidents involving bad tracer predictions.
PP7, Ag7, Au7: Accuracy penalty when spammed.
DD44: Accuracy increased. Accuracy penalty when spammed.

Added Grenade Launchers loadout.
Added Grenade Launcher to Explosives.
Removed Throwing Knives from random loadout selection.

Outstanding issues.
Grenade Launcher inital velocity is untested.
Grenade Launcher needs proper projectile.
Grenade Launcher time-fuse is too short or should be disabled.
Grenade Launcher needs pickup icon.
Proximity mines need revision.
Mine pickup icons need to be more distinct. (Bright LEDs like in 007)
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: VC's Laboratory 90426
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 07:59:10 pm »

Sounds interesting and it sounds like the Grenade Launcher is close to being done, but what does all this mean for the regular member?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 08:04:49 pm »

but what does all this mean for the regular member?

Means Beta4 is that much closer :)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 08:07:43 pm »

Means Beta4 is that much closer :)

Me likes.

Nice tweaks you have there VC. They'll make the game more balanced and the Klobb less useless

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 01:28:31 am »

Golden Gun: Increased accuracy when unsighted to attempt to reduce apparent "no-reg" incidents involving bad tracer predictions.

Interesting addition on better accuracy. I thought it was already really good, but know I won't realize the bad tracer prediction that I had a few times. Very nice VC. So you guys are testing this in the next 2 days? Very cool. :D

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »

I don't want AuG to be perfect unsighted in keeping with the accuracy penalty that is a surrogate for the still-absent breathing-effect and to keep screen-dots under control*, but just from my personal experience, I'm having a hell of a time sorting out what I see as lag related, hit-reg related, and accuracy-related.  Since I can't turn sv_cheats on just for me on any server, field-testing is rather tricky.

* a L4D friend of mine admitted to having a screendot hack (verified, he sent a screenshot with his +showbudget and whined that it wasn't helping him in Goldeneye Source.  I lol'd.  Then I reminded him that the reason his computer seems to be screwing up recently may have something to do with software running in the background.

Currently under consideration is shotguns.  Testing apparently didn't happen (I was on Win/Steam all evening working on Temple Classic and KM asked me if anything had happened and I'm like "lol wut?") so when the noobs get un-nooby and do their damned jobs, we'll see about the shotties.  In 007, their power level was 7.999 and 12 bars; currently they are at 10 and 16 with extra-weighted non-head hitboxes.  I might pull them back to something like 9 and 14, and reduce the extra weight once the nooby noobs do a test where we can see how the modified Auto Shotgun competes with RC-P90.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 03:45:49 am »

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. So none of the beta testers helped you out that evening? Damn, sorry dude. I would have if I knew. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 04:01:48 am »

If its not committed we can't get it, unless someone hand gives it to us. I was never notified, and nothing was committed. I'll help anytime, just have to commit something, or msg me.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 05:04:41 am »

Nothing updated here. Didn't get any notification of a beta test either. :P

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 08:53:33 am »

No beta testers were involved hehe
Pages: [1]   Go Up