GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:26:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: KM Blog - Beta 3 Screens (Dec 7th)  (Read 58412 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
KM Blog - Beta 3 Screens (Dec 7th)
« on: December 08, 2008, 07:47:41 am »

Ok folks no words, just fun:

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
Re: KM Blog - Beta 3 Screens (Dec 7th)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:55:23 am »

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 12:05:58 pm »

It's Yolt. Someone spawns by the power weapon, and everyone else gets their klobbs shot off.  That round gave me the Bishop. The round before that, not so much.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 12:07:23 pm »

It's Yolt. Someone spawns by the power weapon, and everyone else gets their klobbs shot off.  That round gave me the Bishop. The round before that, not so much.

So you lot are going with the bishop name for the sniper rifle i take it ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 03:57:25 pm »

I have it so if you win YOLT you get 5 extra points. He only got 2 kills though

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 06:46:49 pm »

Neat radar, but I miss not having it in the top right. :(

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 08:11:47 pm »

I, personally, use the term Bishop to ensure the Goldeneye 007 canon weapon modeled after the Walther WA-2000 and the non-bullpup sniper rifle in Goldeneye Source are distinct.  (It was modeled during the "whatever we dream it should look like" era. That era ended when a monstrosity was called "Klobb" and everyone bricked.)  In addition to the difference in appearance, the GES sniper rifle deals greater damage. This is part of a balance correction I am implementing to keep pistols from exploiting the ease of aiming on PC, and to keep the sniper rifle ahead of the automatics.

Whether or not Bishop Sniper Rifle ever appears in the game is up to KM since he's in charge of breaking and repairing the event notification strings.  I wouldn't be adverse to having both the WA-2000 and Bishop both availiable with the difference being model and damage, similar to the Rocksalt Shotgun and Automatic Shotgun pairing, but that's not a critial concern at the moment.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:13:27 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 09:13:13 pm »

Neat radar, but I miss not having it in the top right. :(

The Beta 3's HUD is built on complete customization, so with a few changes to the X,Y parameters in the hud_layout.txt file you can have it in the top right if you please. Keep in mind this HUD is not final by any means (I still think it deserves the term primitive)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 09:19:34 pm »

The Beta 3's HUD is built on complete customization, so with a few changes to the X,Y parameters in the hud_layout.txt file you can have it in the top right if you please. Keep in mind this HUD is not final by any means (I still think it deserves the term primitive)

What about creating an option in the "multiplayer" tab of the options menu to position the radar wherever you want it? (Like a drop down menu with "top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right, etc, more user-friendly)

Other than that, the game looks fantastic.

Oh, and I noticed that the Ammo counter looks like beta 1's... as in the amount in your clip is a larger font, while the amount you have to spare is a smaller number off to the right. In GE on the N64, the amount you had in your clip was the same size and the same height from the bottom of the screen as the amount you have extra, separated only by the icon of the ammo type you were using.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:29:49 pm by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 09:22:28 pm »

Man I can make customization options up the ass hole, but in the end it doesn't change the product we deliver. If you want to change the positions of items I will make a detailed review of the necessary changes to be made in files in our Wiki.

Customization = Work, you can change 2 values much easier then I can code in 50 drop down boxes.

EDIT: Whatcha smokin willis? The ammo font size and y-position is the exact same on both sides of the ammo icon...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:18:00 pm by killermonkey »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 11:41:40 pm »

Shit, you're right

sorry my eyes are failing me or something
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:23:35 am by The SSL »

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 11:56:18 pm »

I'm confused... So what is that black pistol in the first screenshot, and why is it there?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:59:24 pm by Storm101 »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 12:21:51 am »

I'm pretty sure that's the DD44 (correct me if I'm wrong), but it's probably off to the side because B3 has gun-swaying when you walk (like HL2's guns).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:24:15 am by The SSL »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 12:34:19 am »

I'm confused... So what is that black pistol in the first screenshot, and why is it there?

Thats the DD44 in a shadow...

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 12:37:25 am »

Oh, I see it now. Couldn't tell because it appears to have a new model.

But yeah, Beta 3 is looking nice. I like the radar and Mishkin's and Boris' models. Thanks for the pics.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 12:42:54 am by Storm101 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up