GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:28:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: first impression about 007  (Read 5657 times)

lexmark1

first impression about 007
« on: June 22, 2009, 08:20:03 am »

I was so excited about this mod when I first found it, I quickly started the download and eagerly waited for it to finish. Once it finished I quickly started the game and loged onto a server...  that is when the disapointment began ??? 

I was a huge 007 n64 fan, this was the first fps game I played on a console and it really left an impression on me, it's been many years since i've played 007 but I remember each map like I played it yesterday...

Anyways, that being said, I feel that the source mod is way too different from the original, the maps aren't half bad but the skins/sounds/anims and the gameplay have nothing to do with the original 007. The developers really need to study the original 007 and copy it, don't try to improve, just copy it and many more will be pleased! 

what a great first post... nothing but complaints  ::), well, hopefully someone will take me seriously because this mod is a great idea, it just needs a bit of tuning.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: first impression about 007
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:48:33 am »

constructive critisism is good.

But saying its not like the original...make it more like original. Isn't showing the elements you think need critiquing.

I like to hear newcomer thoughts, who also played the original, cause there not bias cause you know how a real fps should be like ;)

Skins: yes need some work and/or mostly full overhaul. But the player height thing maybe be brought up again, and I think having short oddjob and tall Jaws would make the game pretty unbalance, cause really who wouldn't play as oddjob?

Sounds: I think there pretty good rite now, sure could use a overhaul and tweaking(which most likely will), but most all guns give you a good element of the original.

Animation: Since there isn't really even any custom animations in currently(most all HL2), I agree...lol. But its a Beta ;) and they will come soon.

Gameplay: I think the gameplay is a lot like the original. Just the fact that the original was 4 player and you used a controller so you couldn't aim for shit. Making this suitable for 8-12 players, I think its pretty good. Sure will get a lot more tweaks between now and the Final client.

I would like to hear some more specific critiques.

(Man nothing like being bored @ 2am, so posting a way over kill post)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:01:54 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
Re: first impression about 007
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 01:52:30 pm »

The developers really need to study the original 007 and copy it, don't try to improve, just copy it and many more will be pleased! 

Then you dont know the weapon strenghts, run speed or half the shit that is implemented.

BTW, Beta is defined as Second level, external pilot-test of a product (usually a software) before commercial quantity production. At the beta test stage, the product has already passed through the first-level, internal pilot-test (alpha test) and glaring defects have been removed. But (since the product may still have some minor problems that require user participation) it is released to customers for testing under normal, everyday conditions of use to spot the remaining flaws.
Stressed not final
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:58:50 pm by SharpSh00tah »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: [1]   Go Up