GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:24:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic N64 Soundtrack  (Read 15899 times)

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
    • Follow Cpt. Lima on Twitch!
Classic N64 Soundtrack
« on: October 29, 2016, 06:28:13 am »

Using the readme from the soundtrack download, I figured out how to add all of the original N64 soundtrack .mp3s that I had. I went through each level, and customized the soundtrack, mixing the GE:Source music and the N64 original versions - the result is awesome!

If anyone wants a real "classic" experience, I highly recommend trying this out. I used a mix of GE:Source tracks and N64 for all of the new/reimagined maps, but for the "Classic" maps, I exclusively used appropriate N64 tracks for each level, including the old "Multiplayer 1, 2, 3" songs for Complex/Library, etc. - it's a great, nostalgic experience, and it's awesome how the team has allowed this level of customization.

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
Re: Classic N64 Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:52:59 pm »

Using the readme from the soundtrack download, I figured out how to add all of the original N64 soundtrack .mp3s that I had. I went through each level, and customized the soundtrack, mixing the GE:Source music and the N64 original versions - the result is awesome!

If anyone wants a real "classic" experience, I highly recommend trying this out. I used a mix of GE:Source tracks and N64 for all of the new/reimagined maps, but for the "Classic" maps, I exclusively used appropriate N64 tracks for each level, including the old "Multiplayer 1, 2, 3" songs for Complex/Library, etc. - it's a great, nostalgic experience, and it's awesome how the team has allowed this level of customization.

Everyone has known this for years and secondly, the team didn't allow that type of customization, you can thank the source engine for that.
Troy, get back on that treadmill

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 02:54:14 am »

It's been a long time since it was implemented, so I can see how you'd think it was a default engine feature.  However, the music system itself is not a source engine feature so it's hard to think the ability to customize the tracks wasn't a deliberate choice on the part of the GE:S dev who set that system up.

Anyway, it's awesome that people like WFCxLima are taking advantage of it!  Be sure to let us know of any other neat stuff you use our systems for, WFCxLima, because we love to hear stuff like this.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

CptLima

• Secret Agent
  • CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!CptLima is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 05:14:44 am »

I just think it's awesome that you get to do that, whether it's built in or not - taking the old songs and throwing them onto the redesigned / re-tweaked maps is great, and I don't think a lot of the people who are new to the game like myself realize that you can do that. I know I had to show a couple of friends how to do it and they likewise thought it was great, but never thought to do it since they started playing a couple months back.

ctrl_room57

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ctrl_room57 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 02:44:48 am »

I would not be mad at all if you shared those mp3s on a Dropbox ha!
#goldeneye4lyfe
LFGdating.com

CptLima

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:22:51 pm »

All are available online, especially via YouTube.

There are recently made available "uncompressed" versions of some songs also out there, although for me nothing beats the nostalgia of playing this mod with the original songs.

I customized each and every level so 5-6 original songs that I felt "go with" it play, but I also mixed in the new/remixed stuff since a lot of it is incredibly well done (especially the various Silo themes). I even tossed in a couple of my favorite Perfect Dark songs on some levels to mix it up. The only exception is the "Classic" versions of levels (Temple, Complex, Library, Facility, Archives, Bunker); for each of those I only use the original N64 songs since I feel they match the old-school level design better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up