GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:44:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install on different drive?  (Read 9358 times)

BandoMemphis

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • BandoMemphis has no influence.
Install on different drive?
« on: August 12, 2016, 08:40:32 pm »

Is there a way to install on another drive? My C drive is full because its a small SSD.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Install on different drive?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »

This is not supported by the installer.

If you're not afraid of using the command line, you can move the gesource folder to another location and then create a symbolic link to Steam/steamapps/sourcemods/gesource using mklink.

Noxx

• Agent
  • Noxx has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 09:35:16 pm »

I am also having this problem, can you please give instructions on what I need to do to install the game?

Noxx

• Agent
  • Noxx has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 04:33:48 am »

Is there a download available that has a zip file instead of an exe so I can install it on the proper drive?

I really want to play your mod  :(

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 04:53:43 am »

https://www.geshl2.com/download/349/

place the gesource folder inside Steam/steamapps/sourcemods. Note that you can only install Source mods to your main Steam library (under the location which Steam itself is installed). Make sure you install the Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable. Get the vcredist_x86.exe file, even if you are using a 64-bit operating system.

Noxx

• Agent
  • Noxx has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 06:29:41 pm »

That did it! Thank you very much for your quick reply and help!

drumz0rz

• Agent
  • drumz0rz has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 04:14:00 am »

Is there no way around this? I have Steam installed on my Primary SSD but I ran low on space so I started installing things on a second drive. I installed the Source SDK on the second drive, but because this installer doesn't let me choose, it installed on my Primary drive and fails to launch because it can't find the SDK. Guess I can't play until I can buy a larger SSD...

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 08:11:57 am »

Correct me on this Devs if I'm wrong... But all you should need to do is, using 7-Zip, just right click the exe and select extract, then copy/drag the "gesource" folder from the archive into your "Steam\steamapps\sourcemods" folder, restart Steam and Goldeneye Source should be visible in your Steam games list.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 11:16:09 am »

The mod needs to go into the ...Steam/Steamapps/Sourcemods/ Folder, which will always be located on the same drive as your steam installation.

However, there's the possibility to hardlink folders from other drives into that folder.

Soupcan posted this before:
This is not supported by the installer.

If you're not afraid of using the command line, you can move the gesource folder to another location and then create a symbolic link to Steam/steamapps/sourcemods/gesource using mklink.

There are also programms that assist you with that so that you don't have to do the commandline stuff if you don't like it.

I once used one called hardlink shell extension

I'd still recomend to move the entire steam to another drive.
That way you don't need to reinstall it if you have to reformate your OS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up