GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:23:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help with server commands.  (Read 4708 times)

Data-Viscoan

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Data-Viscoan has no influence.
I need help with server commands.
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:37:33 pm »

Whenever I use stuff like ge_gameplay ltk it shows in the console but nothing happens. When I type rcon_password "-----" it appears in the console but than when I type rcon ge_gameplay ltk it says bad rcon password. I have source mod working but not the regular commands. Also I would like to know how to get the server to start on a gamemode other than LTK.
Thanks.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: I need help with server commands.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:44:55 pm »

Take a look at gesourse/cfg/server.cfg anything defined in here will be executed when the server starts, including what your game mode is and also what your rcon password is.

EDIT: wow gesourse? My first spelling fail I think.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 01:13:30 am by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • mookie is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:53:24 pm »

If it says, "bad RCON password," you have probably typed in the wrong password. Try typing it without quotes, although I don't expect that should make a difference. It should go without saying that if you want to use RCON from your client console, you need to be connected to the server you want to run commands on. If you're still having trouble, try using HLSW and see if that works.

The file cfg/valve.rc will be executed when the server starts; cfg/server.cfg will be executed every time a new map is loaded (including the first time). To make your server cstrike-normal, you may want to add "exec autoexec.cfg" to cfg/valve.rc and place your startup commands in cfg/autoexec.cfg. Below are the configs that I use to start a server up on DM. In this case, I will not be setting ge_gameplay in cfg/server.cfg; because cfg/server.cfg will be executed every time a map loads, its commands are invariable, and I would prefer to be able to set the gameplay (by admin action or SM) and have it remain.

Certainly there is no reason you can't place all the commands from cfg/autoexec.cfg in cfg/valve.rc, but doing so may create confusion when referring to documentation written for cstrike.

cfg/valve.rc
Code: [Select]
stuffcmds
exec autoexec.cfg

cfg/autoexec.cfg
Code: [Select]
map ge_bunker_classic

sv_allow_wait_command 0
sv_pausable 0

ge_gameplay deathmatch
ge_teamplay 0

tv_enable 0
tv_maxclients 25
tv_name "GE:S 4.1 SourceTV"
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:47:11 pm »

1. make sure you defined an rcon password in server.cfg
2. set rcon_address accordingly before sending your password with rcon_password. You dont have to use quotes if there is no space in your password.
3. enjoy

If you are using sourcemod, you can simply use sm_rcon, given you identified yourself as a root admin in the correct file.
To boot up on a predefined gamemode, you could use the +ge_gameplay switch in your server start command line.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:51:53 pm by Doc.NO »
Pages: [1]   Go Up