GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 08:10:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashes: Server side and Client side  (Read 3676 times)

winniethepooh

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • winniethepooh has no influence.
Crashes: Server side and Client side
« on: January 28, 2011, 05:35:48 am »

So A LOT of my clients, including myself, seem to have there GE:S game crash out randomly for no apparent reason. More so on my server than others. I've re-downloaded and installed the server a couple times.

On occasion the server seems to do crash as well too. But ever since I've been using a batch file to start SRCDS it seems the server crashes less and the clients crash more.

Here are the client  side .mdmp's: http://www.mediafire.com/?fhuv90hu3jdkdxy

Here are the few server .mdmp's I have: http://www.mediafire.com/?427s263u2ib4ag4

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

EDIT: I got another user to upload his crashes as well:  http://www.mediafire.com/?62bg2zb8wm8l7b7
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:58:34 am by winniethepooh »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Crashes: Server side and Client side
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 04:24:14 pm »

A sampling of the client crashes shows that its crashing in shaderapi.dll from d3d9.dll. It also crashed in serverbrowser.dll (steam), vphysics.dll, filesystem_steam.dll.....

Basically he needs to completely wipe steam from his comp and reinstall it. He also needs to upgrade his video card drivers (which is why its crashing d3d9.dll imo) and potentially reinstall windows if all else fails.

The server crashes are all in engine.dll and kernel32.dll. Indicates memory corruption and/or a valve crash. Suggest you install srcds files.

It seemed like a lot of the second client's crashes were physics related and ragdoll related. Does your server run any plugins or customizations that add ragdolls or other kinda crazy things? That might be why the clients are crashing, because whatever plugin you are using is corrupting the entity and/or models of the associated ragdolls.

In other words: NONE of these are caused by GE:S

P.S. - When I say "upgrade" video card drivers I mean completely uninstall the existing ones, RESTART, Install the latest version, RESTART.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:57:09 am by killermonkey »

winniethepooh

• Agent
  • winniethepooh has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 05:34:01 am »

A sampling of the client crashes shows that its crashing in shaderapi.dll from d3d9.dll. It also crashed in serverbrowser.dll (steam), vphysics.dll, filesystem_steam.dll.....

Basically he needs to completely wipe steam from his comp and reinstall it. He also needs to upgrade his video card drivers (which is why its crashing d3d9.dll imo) and potentially reinstall windows if all else fails.

The server crashes are all in engine.dll and kernel32.dll. Indicates memory corruption and/or a valve crash. Suggest you install srcds files.

It seemed like a lot of the second client's crashes were physics related and ragdoll related. Does your server run any plugins or customizations that add ragdolls or other kinda crazy things? That might be why the clients are crashing, because whatever plugin you are using is corrupting the entity and/or models of the associated ragdolls.

In other words: NONE of these are caused by GE:S

P.S. - When I say "upgrade" video card drivers I mean completely uninstall the existing ones, RESTART, Install the latest version, RESTART.
Thanks for looking over them. The server crashes I can see becasue we had someone exploiting buffer overflow exploits earlier crashing the server.

The first client I can try to fix.

But the only plugins I am running are metamod and sourcemod + sm super admin and I've reisntalled SRCDS.

Also, a few people are telling me about random crashes and not just my server. Any other advice you can throw in?

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:37:45 pm »

HL2DM when using Trigger_hurt + prop_physics_respawnable (breakable physics, for example: explosive barrels) = server crash
Maybe the same if the dumps point to physics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up