GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:37:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Really pathetic issue that I can't figure out.....  (Read 11268 times)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Really pathetic issue that I can't figure out.....
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 10:59:07 pm »

hey vc, if you are out there...how do I make sure I COMPLETELY DELETE EVERYTHING...I don't know where and how to delete registry entries and such. :(

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 03:35:51 am »

Personally, I would just reformat. Seems like less of a hassle. Unless you have an absurd amount of programs and stuff that you NEED, and would have to reinstall.

I actually enjoy the process of reformatting and reinstalling everything (every once in a long while). It's like taking a hot shower. You feel all fresh and clean. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 03:43:56 am by The Beatles pwn j00! »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 07:11:03 am »

hell yea i just reformatted my computer, runs better than ever!!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:21:55 am »

yeah I don't mind doing it if that is what must be done...but how do I know that will solve the problem? i seriously think it has to do with my graphics card for some reason....and NO ONE on the steam forums knows anything of how to fix it.......I just like to solve problems without resporting to formatting everytime..but if that is what has to be done..I might just do that. Think I should? Should I try windows 7 since i hear about all the hype of it being all faster for games and stuff or just stay with vista....

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 07:30:45 am »

Been rockin' Win7 for a while now, haven't had a single problem.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kujo

• Tester
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kujo has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 04:28:00 am »

Been rockin' Win7 for a while now, haven't had a single problem.

I can second that.  I started having a few small problems with Win 7 Public Beta 1 (build 7000) a few weeks ago, but that was probably my fault with experimental drivers.  I have since reformatted and installed the RC (build 7100), and it has been rock solid, even getting a few things to work (like my IDE Pci card and Avermedia TV tuner) that I couldn't get working in Vista back several months ago when I installed it before the Beta 1 was out.

The only downside to installing the Windows 7 RC or any Windows beta OS for that matter is that it has an expiration date on it, and WILL cease to function, usually a year after it is released (May 2010 for the RC)

CCsaint10

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 07:18:27 am »

yeah, I am definitely going to switch over to it when it is release...cause I want the performance benefits and I know it is better than vista. Vista really isn't that bad to me, but it tends to drag sometimes more than xp (in some instances) so it annoys me. I am pretty sure I will like Windows 7. Until then, I will just reformat and stick with vista. I will tell you if my problem is fixed with the reformat. :D

CCsaint10

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 11:14:49 pm »

Just so you guys know, i finally figured out what the problem was. This might be good information for anyone else who could have this problem in the future if they ever decide to do what I did. Ok, so my laptop has a resolution of 1920x1200 which is what I keep it at all the time. No problem right, wrong. I have a VERY high difficult when it comes to reading at the size. So what I did was I went the the "personalization" settings in vista and turned up the DPI settings. This was my exact problem.
    Apparently, Vista has a bug that will not let you move around in camera mode if you have messed with ANY of the DPI settings. It ends up screwing up hammer. Wish I could find a fix for this since I have to change my DPI settings everytime now before I start using hammer. At least I know though right? Anyways, anyone have any suggestion of how I can increase font size/everything on the computer so it is readable while still have my SDK work and not spin? If not, then keep in mind that if anyone changes their DPI that hammer editor is not going to work. A good note to maybe put into valve as a bug or something.

Thanks for the help anyways guys,
Saint

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 11:20:18 pm »

lol, yeah... it is very important to always have Windows' mouse settings as neutral as possible.  Which became impossible with XP, which is why if you don't use 2000 you suck.  But if you happen to suck, park the slider in the middle, remove any acceleration, and use an MX518 so you can select the best sensitivity availiable.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 07:42:41 pm »

Neutral mouse settings? What? Changing the DPI in vista makes the screen a certain percentage bigger so that things can be more visible on high resolutions...I never changed any of my mouse settings. This is a Vista and Hammer problem...not a mouse DPI problem..

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up