GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:55:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some suggestions/things need to be improved  (Read 5261 times)

Yes! I am Invincible!

some suggestions/things need to be improved
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:53:19 pm »

NOTE: now im being honest and not being an judger.

now im gonna suggest something and listing things that need to be improved in GE:S.

1. new menu
It would be so freaking cool to have that classic goldeneye style "file folder" style menu. not that HL2 menu with just a ge:s wallpaper. c'mon! where's the goldeneye?

2. The golden gun.
Seriously. when i played GE:S for the first time. i got disappointed on the GG.
it reminds me of a metal block with a stick. and the gold texture would be better. not that piss yellow.

3. the hands.
really. when i play as boris, how the FUCK can he have suit sleeves when he is wearing a  t-shirt? why maydy has white hands? you guys really make own sleeves for characters.

4. the characters.
where is Xenia? where is Natalya? where is russian soldier?
i know. its extremely hard to make a model without failing it like Perfect Dark: Source Joanna......uuuuggghhh..

so there you have it. my opinion. i hope i didnt hurt any crybaby's feelings. think these things devs, i think making these true it maybe can bring more gamers. have a nice day. LONG LIVE GOLDENEYE! :)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Re: some suggestions/things need to be improved
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »

2. here you can download some custom polished weapon models (like a better looking golden gun):

original thread: http://forums.geshl2.com/index.php/topic,7147.15.html

download link for weapon models: http://www.mediafire.com/?qq4qp4y5awz1skl
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:22:08 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »

These are all very minor suggestions that have absolutely no impact on gameplay. This makes me happy.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:32:53 pm »

All these are purely visual things.
I doubt anyone would start/stop playing the mod because their character has the wrong sleves or hands.

And by having the same hands on each character, we're also true to the original.

Main menue background also can be replaced and i think there even is a classic folder background somewhere on the forums.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 04:14:31 pm »

These are all very minor suggestions that have absolutely no impact on gameplay. This makes me happy.

LOL

also takes the stress off of your fingers....

but really, those are just minor stuff. If you want all those things, then i suggest playing it on the n64 :)

Yes! I am Invincible!

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 07:11:25 am »

haha yeah, i know its just some minor stuff but still i kinda wish to use the all possibilities of Source engine. im starting making new golden gun skin right now.
and another thing i think would be awesome that you would have an option of using the original goldeneye sounds XD it would be fun. :D

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 12:30:56 pm »

and another thing i think would be awesome that you would have an option of using the original goldeneye sounds XD it would be fun. :D

You can actually substitute the sounds in yourself.

We can't make that an option because of copyright issues.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 03:10:09 pm »

Main menue background also can be replaced and i think there even is a classic folder background somewhere on the forums.

Yes there is, made by yours truely :). The link is dead because the u.s government is a fail. But i could reupload it. I still use it to this day.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 02:22:43 am »

NOTE: now im being honest and not being an judger.

now im gonna suggest something and listing things that need to be improved in GE:S.

1. new menu
It would be so freaking cool to have that classic goldeneye style "file folder" style menu. not that HL2 menu with just a ge:s wallpaper. c'mon! where's the goldeneye?

2. The golden gun.
Seriously. when i played GE:S for the first time. i got disappointed on the GG.
it reminds me of a metal block with a stick. and the gold texture would be better. not that piss yellow.

3. the hands.
really. when i play as boris, how the FUCK can he have suit sleeves when he is wearing a  t-shirt? why maydy has white hands? you guys really make own sleeves for characters.

4. the characters.
where is Xenia? where is Natalya? where is russian soldier?
i know. its extremely hard to make a model without failing it like Perfect Dark: Source Joanna......uuuuggghhh..

so there you have it. my opinion. i hope i didnt hurt any crybaby's feelings. think these things devs, i think making these true it maybe can bring more gamers. have a nice day. LONG LIVE GOLDENEYE! :)

1. The Menu has been changed for V4.2 and it looks fantastic- besides the "file folder" is in it albiet the loading screens

2. Well i still like it but as Cy says that you can get new community made textures for it

3. its not vital at this moment the team has too many other things to do than just change the hands and such but eventually it will be made one day

4. Making charater models is very difficult work and the team just finished making a new Ourmov so we will have to wait a while and lets remember there are alot of charaters in the original n64 game not to mention the all bonds and developers in tuxedos so please be patient..
Pages: [1]   Go Up