GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 10:55:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Infos about GE:S V5 ?  (Read 5513 times)

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
Any Infos about GE:S V5 ?
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »

Hello everybody. As you can read above i have a qzestion about the next version of GE:S. The forums are pretty down and getting older. I make it short and simple : Are there any news about V5 or maps, codes, other thinks ?

Please forgive me if there is a post in the forums. I am in a hospital and its difficult to search with this stupid mobile phone i have now (iphone Rest.In.Pieces)

Would be great to hear some news about GE:S ;)
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: Any Infos about GE:S V5 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:16:39 pm »

Sorry to hear your in hospital bud, hope it's minor. I dunno about V5, but there are some cool things in the works like AI using python code, which could bring bots to the mod, the Surface map which looks absolutely stunning and is the map I'm most looking forward to. If you haven't tried Scaramanga's House yet it's worth checking out, it's an awesome map although I haven't seen it on any active server as yet which is a shame as I'm dying to have a little shoot out on it, but you could have a little one on one with a mate. There's been talk of possibly creating Depot map as well but as you know these things take time.

You can download Scaramanga's House here:-

http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,4137.90.html

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 01:23:19 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »

Version 4.2 is in the works right now. As markpeterjameslegg said above, it's going to feature bots as a main feature. Other things (server-side that I know of) is that there will be the feature to have servers randomly cycle through maps. SharpSh00ter's going to be working on finishing up the Depot level as soon as he can get a new computer. Lastly, CCSaint is working on a new Surface map, and I to my knowledge, he's pretty close to being done.

That's about all that I know of.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:11:49 pm »

Might not seem very active, but trust me there its a lot of action going on. When big things are in the works, it will seem slow. once features are locked down and we feel they meet our standards to present to public, you'll be pleasantly satisfied.

As Ruone said, continue to submit problems and suggestions and they will be fixed, that is once you get out of the hospital. Get well bud.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 04:20:10 am »

Lastly, CCSaint is working on a new Surface map, and I to my knowledge, he's pretty close to being done.

Eh, it might be quite a bit longer than I thought...it seems i have hit a slow point in development/refinement. I am trying to dish it out, but the motivation is just lacking at the moment. :/

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

• Secret Agent
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 07:11:56 am »

Ahh ok. The important point is that everything is still in progress. I thought the most projects are shut down. Yes it,s normally that great games takes longer in developement. take a look to DNF ;)
But i'm glad to hear that there a finally coming "official programmes bots" to the game. Great for offline games, good to learn. Its a great "Abwechslung" (dont know english word), and a step closer to singelplayer.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 01:01:41 pm »

Abwechslung is "Change" (Google translate said so, Its probably wrong.)
As for Duke Nukem Forever, I heard it was so-so, Some said it had good gameplay, But it was way too short.

• Secret Agent
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 01:46:31 pm »

Lol translate "Change" into german then it means a new word ( just stupid that google translate)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 03:04:33 pm »

Well, it isn't that wrong - as in "you might try xyz for a change" which translates to "zur Abwechslung könntest du xyz ausprobieren wollen". And I thought it was the one word I'd use given all of the other choices LEO had to offer, unless you meant diversion, but both should fit.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 08:40:22 pm »

I did a nice chunk of development in siberia last night, coming along nicely.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 09:10:37 pm »

I did a nice chunk of development in siberia last night, coming along nicely.

Good news, Man. :)

ChronoSKitz

• A portal
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ChronoSKitz has no influence.
    • Chronetic
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 01:07:24 am »

Hope the bots don't come out overly smart. I was already getting bested by players before. Don't need computer putting me down too.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Pages: [1]   Go Up