GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:53:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 NVMe Patch Download - KB2990941  (Read 54244 times)

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Windows 7 NVMe Patch Download - KB2990941
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:31:27 am »

Edit 2023-06-12: By this point, Windows 7 has been out of support for years and has several unpatched vulnerabilities. I kept the original post below, but if you're reading this, please consider the security implications and avoid connecting unsupported OSes to the Internet.

Original post:

Microsoft published a hotfix under KB2990941 to add support for NVMe devices under Windows 7. Even though the KB article is still up, Microsoft pulled the hotfix, presumably to push people toward Windows 10.

I tracked down the hotfix and found it on Lenovo's website. I uploaded it to my own mirror and am creating this forum post so that it'll hopefully be easier for people to find in the future.

Download: Windows6.1-KB2990941-x64.msu
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 01:00:12 am by soupcan »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Windows 7 NVMe Patch Download - KB2990941
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 08:51:16 am »

Nice, allthough i allready changed to 10 with my desktop because of the difficulties to install Win7 on nvme.
(install and update a clean Win7 on a regular HDD/SATA SSD, install the nvme patch and create your own installation image from that)

Most of the time i use my Laptop anyway, which came with preinstalled Win10.

But maybe this will be usefull for other people.
Pages: [1]   Go Up