GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 08:06:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idea for Single Player that me and Goldenzen came up with  (Read 5559 times)

Josh [SLX]

• Wrestling game designer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Josh [SLX] is looked down upon.
Idea for Single Player that me and Goldenzen came up with
« on: July 06, 2009, 03:56:23 pm »

We discussed this on Steam, so rather than retype everything i preferred copypasta. Comments and feedback appreciated, maybe its something that could be included.

/>Slim<\: i think it would be awesome to play single player ge:s where bond and trevelyan actually play through together all the way to the end, and that theme from the movie recreated as a song going along with it
Goldenzen: wow
Goldenzen: you know what
Goldenzen: I had the absolute same idea
Goldenzen: but with cradle
Goldenzen: one plays Bond and one Trevelyan
Goldenzen: one tries to blocade the cradle
Goldenzen: and one tries to kill the other
Goldenzen: like in movie
/>Slim<\: well i didnt mean co-op, but there are many instances from the movie where that could be an option
Goldenzen: yeah
/>Slim<\: maybe co-op maps where bond and natalya work together, natalya unarmed and bond has to protect her while she completes objectives
/>Slim<\: co-op facility
Goldenzen: just so
Goldenzen: that`be awesome
Goldenzen: and would make this mod
Goldenzen: hot as hell baby
/>Slim<\: co-op Bunker where you play as Ourumov and Xenia, and murder all the programmers and steal the goldeneye
Goldenzen: oh yeah
/>Slim<\: not full missions, per say
/>Slim<\: but fill out gaps from the movie in the storyline by letting you play maps and recreate movie events, even if bond isnt present
/>Slim<\: it should have been in the original goldeneye game but they only could program it thus so you play as bond
Goldenzen: you might wanna suggest it to GES devs
Goldenzen: that`d be awesome

Edit: Lets not forget the scene where Natalya kills the 2 pilots. that would be cool to recreate as a playable scene, plus make movie-relevant use of the LaFayette.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:35:56 pm by Slimulation X »
Current Projects: Runway, Bunker, Aztec Textures

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Idea for Single Player that me and Goldenzen came up with
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:04:17 pm »

I had a discussion with VC regarding single player implementation at some point a couple months ago. We came to a quasi-consensus that it would be more appropriate to have select missions from the GE64 game played out in a COOP fashion, but still maintain that multiplayer edge.

By multiplayer edge we mean that if you die you have to wait out for a certain period of time and then you respawn like in Left For Dead without all the gay. If the whole party dies you have to restart the mission.

We thought this would be better because not all single player missions were necessarily fun, nor lend themselves to coop play. Coop is obviously a lot more fun then strict single player and the best part is you could always play by yourself if you wanted to.

The recent development of multiplayer AI that Lodle and I have been working on would fit this schema as well...

We'll see, this concept is still far off after Beta 4

I like your idea of creating all new scenarios based off the movie! We also decided that it would be cool to be able to play as a security guard with the regular AI as sort of like a protagonist against the good guy players, hehe.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:06:11 pm by killermonkey »

Josh [SLX]

• 00 Agent
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 04:12:39 pm »

That would be money!

Have half the players running around with objectives to beat bond.

Kinda like left 4 dead, where bond is trying to finish the objectives, and everyone else are the guards, only you have a shorter health limit so that its easier for Bond (he IS 007, after all)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 04:25:58 pm »

We've discussed the health system, too.  In Goldeneye, different guards had different health levels, identified by hats.  Since we have hats covered, guess what.

Once I get over this two-month lazy-ass streak I've had going on, I'll be getting into the Goldeneye SP health system.  But that's after I get back on the classics.  I have so many projects-in-waiting piled up...
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Josh [SLX]

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 04:34:02 pm »

I wish some devs would get over this lazy streak and comment my progress in the trial forum. I cant progress any further without some developer feedback.

Unsichtbar

• Agent
  • Unsichtbar has no influence.
    • Fire-Bursts.com Gaming Network
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 08:51:30 am »

Looks like Co-Op is the future of online gaming but i don't think that all the N64 missions can work as coop 1:1 or even with small changes. But for total new missions it may work but then it won't be the N64 game anymore. Well for myself there is no need for a strict 1:1 N64 port only the "how much fun do i have during playing it" counts ;)

Zippy

• Magic Member
  • Secret Agent
  • Zippy has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 01:24:19 am »

We came to a quasi-consensus that it would be more appropriate to have select missions from the GE64 game played out in a COOP fashion, but still maintain that multiplayer edge.
Right when I read that, I got an erection.
Pages: [1]   Go Up