GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 02:08:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Co-operative Mode  (Read 6021 times)

s15sLiDER

Co-operative Mode
« on: April 26, 2009, 04:45:48 am »

I seriously think you all should consider not only recreating the multiplayer experience of Golden Eye but add on to it. And with this suggestion, I think Co-operative with 4-8 players would be cool...

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Co-operative Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 09:54:55 am »

First of all, welcome to the forums.

How were you thinking co-op mode could be? Teams in  multiplayer? Or in an eventual single-player portion, a co-op mode to beat it?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 02:49:46 pm »

HAHA, coop goldeneye....

1 person is Bond
1 person is Natalia

Natalia runs around, hides, cowers, and follows Bond. Sounds awesome!!

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 03:14:29 pm »

You forgot about when there is an ambush and she runs right at them while spamming DD44 into the wall.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 04:02:12 pm »

Beta 6.1 = Single player/ co op  addon  ;D cmon best idea ever
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 04:04:57 pm by Peroxwhy?gen »

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

ALEX_I_R

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ALEX_I_R has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 08:23:08 pm »

yeah thats cool I want co op mode (some day when single player come out ) thats a very cool idea just like in perfect dark on n64

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 10:07:52 pm »

HAHA, coop goldeneye....

1 person is Bond
1 person is Natalia

Natalia runs around, hides, cowers, and follows Bond. Sounds awesome!!

[size=8]*FALLZ OVER*[/size]

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 04:37:11 am »

The best ideas for what co-op should be were long discussed on the invision GE:S board, way back when. As always, it was fun to talk about but the team is doing MP first ; so it was deemed that if the community got involved with a 3rd party unit doing it, sure why not.

Back then, you couldnt even do it with GE:S (it was always said one day it could be possible via scripting), now with LUA you could probably do it if you are advanced in it and ask for all the right callbacks for us to insert in the base code and understand how to tweak levels using plugins or some such to enhance the "co-op" settings.

If done by 3rd party, it would resemble a little how those CS:S "wc3" servers behave compared with trad. gameplay.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:39:20 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Boxiii

• Teh Boxman
  • Agent
  • Boxiii has no influence.
    • myspace.com/meismatt5
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 04:45:11 am »

I can't see how co-op would work, but if the devs somehow manage to make something out of it, that would be cool.
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out

[CBCG]DIJITIZE

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 06:04:55 am »

I agree that the only underpowered weapon is the kKobb..but c'mon it's the Klobb, it's supposed to be a letdown :D

JamesBondMan

• Secret Agent
  • JamesBondMan is looked down upon.
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 11:33:03 pm »

Hitting people with the Klobb would be more effective
Happines is a warm gun.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 06:09:25 pm »

Hitting people with the Klobb would be more effective

Nah, it still sucks. Be sure to try to throw the actual bullet itself at the person.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

TheMilkman99

• Agent 009
  • Agent
  • TheMilkman99 is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 12:33:47 pm »

There are only 3 reasons one would use the Klobb, to get "Klobbering Time", to prove that you own (even with a Klobb), or you just don't know what you're doing.
Finally, a game that captures the originality, entertainment and pure epicness of Goldeneye...with really awesome music!

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 01:21:27 pm »

#4: It's the gun you have.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 08:05:49 pm »

#4: It's the gun you have.

If, after achieving "Klobbering Time" in all guises, you'd unlock a mode where you'd be able to smack people with the Klobb (in melee), thus making much more damage than by firing it, I'd be happy.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up