GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 01:59:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Two words: Split Screen  (Read 8970 times)

Kevin

Two words: Split Screen
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:13 am »

First, I just want to say I love the idea of this mod and I love playing the BETA. Thank you and good job on the hard work.

Second, if you want to recreate the ultimate nostalgia factor, you should definitely look into local split screen multiplayer! I'm not sure if it's helpful or not, but Left 4 Dead has some split screen code you may or may not be able to look into for a reference.

All we'd need is a few of these bad boys and we'd be good to go! http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/pc/pc_psxn64usb.htm

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Two words: Split Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:09:57 am »

It would be a nice addition, although I don't know if the work required to make split screen is worth the work.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:37:39 pm »

I don't think Source has support for using multiple input devices at the same time (ie more than 1 joystick) don't quote me on that, but it would take a significant recode in order to pull it off

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:53:19 pm »

I don't think Source has support for using multiple input devices at the same time (ie more than 1 joystick) don't quote me on that
I am going to quote you on that. With Logitech controllers you can map keyboard keys to one controller. The second controller could just use the Source joystick stuff.

, but it would take a significant recode in order to pull it off.
When HL2:Ep3 comes out there will be another Source engine update/grade, so you will start from scratch again, just like beta3? :angel: :P

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 12:55:55 am »

I hope we dont....that could cause a big delay and be frankly to me not worth the trouble. I think as long as Orange Box SDK keeps our mod from becoming broken due to the code, we will stay. That way also the userbase most of which wouldnt be much passed the 2007 gen of computers will not be at disadvantage all of a sudden.

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 01:54:37 am »

L4D supports it but the orange box does not km.

http://ryanlobbins.com/ryan/L4Dpics/l4dsplit.jpg

My bro and I playing, i used keyboard and mouse he used 360 controller
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 10:33:54 am »

I hope we dont....that could cause a big delay
Yes that would suck and I was just kidding. But don't you just loooooove to play splitscreen, baby? OOOooooh <3

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 01:28:35 pm »

Even back in the day split screen pissed me off. I always wished I could play GE007 on 2 TV's because I hated having such a small field of vision. That's just me though.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 02:20:49 pm »

Playing it now on my 68" tv i cant think how we used to play 4 player on a small 19" screen.

Oh and the l4d sdk update might have split screen as well. :P

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 03:52:56 pm »

Oh and the l4d sdk update might have split screen as well. :P
Oh my Oh my... L4D SDK is made for GES!!!! Lobby thing just like GE64 "multiplayer options" sheet, server caped to 4 or 8, split screen. A must use for beta 4!

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 03:54:39 pm »

Oh my Oh my... L4D SDK is made for GES!!!! Lobby thing just like GE64 "multiplayer options" sheet, server caped to 4 or 8, split screen. A must use for beta 4!

No way, you're not making me buy L4D to continue playing GE:S hehe ;D ;D

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 06:53:51 pm »

Even back in the day split screen pissed me off. I always wished I could play GE007 on 2 TV's because I hated having such a small field of vision. That's just me though.
You know... this entire game just screams gamepads. However (and here's the catch) everybody's using keyboard and mouse. So, if you decide to use a gamepad you're having a huge -100 handicap. So spliscreen would be awesome. Who hasn't got a large widescreen these days? The cheapest 22" 2ms response flatscreens are, what?, $150/euros now?

Just saying: having a mate over and playing with 2 gamepads in splitscreen is just purely the sEx0rz :D

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 06:56:58 pm »

Split screen is really hardcore or old school (pick yours).

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 06:58:13 pm »

Split screen is really hardcore or old school (pick yours).

It's hardcore old school  8) 8)

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 10:16:44 pm »

It's hardcore old school  8) 8)
Hence the need for it :angel:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up